Regional Sales Director, Southern EMEA - France, Italy or Spain
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
What you build and where it takes you shouldn't be limited by the capabilities of your database. We created CockroachDB to be the most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet. Making scale so simple, you don't even have to think about it. Making data so resilient, it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of database—one born in the cloud and built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, and thrive everywhere.
About the Role
Cockroach Labs is looking for a Regional Sales Leader to lead our growing team in Southern EMEA. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing and motivating a team of Account Executives and will be measured by your team's overall quota attainment, new business acquisition, and expansion into existing customer accounts. You will provide strategy, mentorship, and guidance for your team, who are responsible for driving new business through the full sales cycle. The ideal candidate can scale an effective high-velocity sales process and is exceptional at inspiring customers and prospects through a sales cycle. To be eligible for this role, you must be located in France, Italy or Spain.
- Manage, coach, and scale a team of Account Executives that cover Southern EMEA
- Guide a team in achieving and exceeding monthly, quarterly, and annual targets
- Monitor high-velocity sales performance: activity, pipelines, forecasts, and closed deals to ensure quota attainment
- Manage the sales funnel from prospect to close and create metrics to improve performance
- Drive lead penetration, high activity standards, and pipeline management
- Develop a strong understanding of CockroachDB and value proposition within the market
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales Engineering, and Customer Success to maximize revenue growth
- Have the ability to build strong relationships with customers and key stakeholders
- Partner with the People team to hire, onboard, and develop existing and new team members.
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB and become proficient in the product. We believe that it is necessary for you to build this foundation so you can successfully engage with existing accounts and grasp sales strategy. Upon completion of your first month, you will have developed an initial strategy to achieve the revenue goals.
After 60 days, you'll be competent in pipeline best practices, sales process and forecasting. You will set the relevant OKRAs to reach yours and your team’s sales goals. You will start to build a clear view of current and next quarters deals and the prioritization of the key deals to ensure success. A more detailed strategy plan is expected based on the knowledge acquired over the initial 3 months. This will be worked on in partnership with the VP of Sales for EMEA.
As you gain momentum at Cockroach Labs, you will also increase your team's pipeline, improve win rates and develop a strong team culture and to help grow the overall revenue of Cockroach Labs.
- 12-15+ years overall experience in technology sales
- 5+ years experience as a high-growth SaaS leader/manager leading a field sales team
- Passion for coaching, mentorship, and team management with evidence of managing high-performance teams
- Strong track record of achieving sales targets across teams and individually
- A passion for working on complex technical problems and have a strong understanding of modern infrastructure and database technologies
- Experience managing and coaching through the full sales cycle from prospecting to closing
- Experience and are comfortable leveraging sales methodologies
- Experience using Salesforce for accurate forecasting
- Experience in hiring and training talent at scale
- Ability to travel as needed
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Competitive health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flexible time off
- Relocation support (as applicable)