Renewals Specialist - London, UK
What you build and where it takes you should be unrestricted by the capabilities of your database. That's why we created CockroachDB as the planet's most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database. Making scale so simple you don't even have to think about it. Making data so resilient it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of database—one born in the cloud and built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, and thrive everywhere.
About the Role
We are looking for a Renewal Specialist, EMEA to play a critical role in maintaining and growing our customer relationships. As a Renewal Specialist, you will be responsible for proactively managing the renewal process for our existing customers. You will work closely with our Sales, Customer Success, and Product teams to ensure our customers receive exceptional service and have a seamless experience when renewing their subscriptions with us. Your ability to understand customer needs, negotiate contract terms, and build strong relationships will be essential to the success of our organization. To be eligible for this role, you must be located in the London metro area.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing customers to understand their business needs and challenges.
- Proactively engage with customers to ensure a clear understanding of their upcoming renewal needs.
- Monitor and track customer contract expiration dates and renewal timelines.
- Collaborate with the Sales team to develop tailored renewal strategies for each customer.
- Conduct negotiations with customers to secure contract renewals, ensuring favorable terms for both parties.
- Assist in identifying and tracking legacy contracts with unfavorable terms to CRL and escalate them for review, well in advance of renewal date
- Prepare and present renewal proposals, addressing customer concerns and objections effectively.
- Serve as a customer advocate within the organization, conveying customer feedback and needs to the Product and Customer Success teams.
- Work closely with Customer Success to address any issues or concerns raised by customers and ensure their ongoing satisfaction.
- Analyze renewal data and trends to identify opportunities for process improvements and revenue growth.
- Generate reports and insights on renewal performance for senior management.
- Coordinate and host weekly renewal calls to deliver forecast, identify any churn or contraction risk and collaborate with Sales management on next steps
- 2-4 years of overall experience in sales at a high-growth SaaS company
- 1-2+ years of renewals experience
- Proven experience in customer relationship management, account management, or a related role.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of database technology or SaaS industry experience is a plus.
- Results-driven with a focus on meeting and exceeding renewal targets.
- Competitive Health Insurance Coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flexible PTO
- Learning and Development budget