Senior Customer Success Manager, APAC - Bangalore, India
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
What you build and where it takes you should be unrestricted by the capabilities of your database. We created CockroachDB as the planet's most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database. Making scale so simple you don't even have to think about it. Making data so resilient it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of database—one born in the cloud and built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, and thrive everywhere.
About the Role
Our Customer Success Managers help fully onboard our CockroachDB customers and lead them to fully utilize its potential, lead them to production, allocate resources, and alleviate roadblocks. We believe that in order for a Customer Success Manager to be successful, they must have a good understanding of database technology, the overall stack, and infrastructure that CRDB operates within. They must also possess excellent customer facing and consultative skills, with the ability to understand the customer pain points, define success criteria, critical milestones that lead to production, and project plans for success. The CSM will be a trusted advisor to the customer and, in collaboration with Sales, must understand how to get deeper and expand the account while preventing churn. You must be located in Bangalore, India to be eligible for this role.
- Collaborate closely with the account team, including the Account Executive and the Sales Engineer, to provide ongoing technical coverage and support to your assigned customers.
- Define the technical success plan for each customer, outlining the optimal use of Elastic solutions to achieve their business objectives.
- Ensure a successful technical customer journey, from onboarding to adoption, while continuously driving the consumption of CockroachDB
- Work closely with customers to identify and eliminate technical frictions, promoting a smoother adoption and implementation of CockroachDB.
- Liaise between customers and support to ensure an optimized support resolution experience smoothing the adoption curve for the customer.
- As a hands-on technical authority, collaborate with the Service Team to present personalized, frictionless solutions that meet the unique needs of each customer.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the customer's business needs and translate these into technical requirements for Cockroach Labs.
- Find opportunities for expansion, at which point the account team takes over to expand the subscription, aiming to grow annual recurring revenue (ARR).
- Foster ongoing customer relationships, ensuring that customers continue to increase their utilization of CockroachDB, further driving ARR.
- Continuously review and assess customer consumption of CockroachDB, proactively suggesting upgrades and enhancements that increase value and drive further consumption.
In your first 30 days, you will learn about of CockroachDB and figure out where the product would be a good fit for certain use cases. During this time, we also believe it’s important for you to establish internal relationships across sales, product, and engineering to effectively be able to navigate resources to help you in your efforts with customers.
After 60 days, you will be learning refactoring opportunities to create reusable artifacts. As you continue to grow in the role, you will be moving into owning the artifacts supporting sales. The major artifacts are sizing, best practices and industry solutions. The artifacts creation and re-use are key to help both pre and post sales activities.
- 5-7+ years of experience as a Customer Success Manager, Project Manager or Technical Account Manager with a proven success record.
- Knowledge of databases, distributed systems, and modern enterprise software architecture.
- Successful track record of driving product adoption and expansion through understanding the customer's current (and future) database requirements.
- A degree in Computer Science or other technical qualification.
- Competitive health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flexible PTO
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.