Senior Enterprise Architect, APAC - Bangalore, India
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
What you build and where it takes you should be unrestricted by the capabilities of your database. We created CockroachDB as the planet's most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database. Making scale so simple you don't even have to think about it. Making data so resilient it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of database—one born in the cloud and built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, and thrive everywhere.
About the Role
As a member of the Professional Services team, our Enterprise Architects help customers fully realize the technical and business benefits of CockroachDB. We believe that in order for an Enterprise Architect to be successful, they must possess deep knowledge of the database and its context, including modern and legacy deployment tools and systems, both on premise and in the cloud, the surrounding infrastructure stack, and produce reusable artifacts that demonstrate strengths and disseminate the information, while balancing both reactive and proactive activities. You must be located within commuter distance of Bangalore, India.
- Own and deliver expert technical guidance and assistance to our customers during their planning, design, testing, migration, and implementation efforts as they modernize both their legacy SQL applications and new, next generation applications
- Utilize your deep technical skills to provide measurable value to customers and drive sales growth
- Educate customers on the unique capabilities of CockroachDB and design solutions to meet a wide variety of challenges
- Drive adoption and implementation of Cockroach Labs tools/features by leading requirements and design sessions, migration analysis and strategy, performance analysis and tuning, hands-on product and technical workshop sessions
- Need to learn new technologies continually and quickly in order to keep pace with customer environments
- As a member of the Revenue organization, you will partner with members of Account Teams(Sales, SE’s, etc.) in driving new business opportunities and expanding adoption in existing customer organizations
- Develop and implement best practices, processes and tools which can continually enhance both our Customer’s and Cockroach Labs’s ongoing success.
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB and figure out where the product would be a good fit for certain use cases. During this time, we also believe it’s important for you to establish internal relationships across sales, product, and engineering to effectively be able to navigate resources to help you in your efforts with customers.
After 60 days, you will be leading customer efforts, including design, testing, learning refactoring opportunities, migration strategies and considerations, implementation methods, and executing on solution deployment. As you continue to grow in the role, you will be moving into owning best practices and industry solutions, developing reusable artifacts supporting the organization's growth and intellectual property. The artifacts creation and re-use are key to help both pre and post sales activities.
- 5-8+ years of experience with 1-2+ years of experience as a Technical Architect or as an Engineer architecting a modern enterprise software application, such as Domain Driven Design and Event based architectures
- Strong experience writing, developing and presenting technical content for external audiences
- A mix of skills that can include an in-depth knowledge of databases, distributed systems, public cloud systems, containers and VM, orchestration tools, linux systems for benchmarking, and modern enterprise software architecture
- Technical knowledge of enterprise applications, platforms, and data ecosystem, with ability to go deep on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present CockroachDB technical benefits
- Experience in designing and building cloud-based deployment infrastructures. Focus will be database-centric, although you understand that the database is only one component of the tech stack. You must be able to work within the customer environment to understand their current stack and be able to design a solution that makes the best use of CockroachDB. You will be familiar with various infrastructure stacks and technologies (bare metal, cloud, VM, containers, orchestration), network, security, etc.
- Expertise in analyzing, monitoring, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Experience in shell programming and scripting (i.e., Bash). Software development using one or more of the following: Go, C, C++, Python, Java is a plus
- Proficiency working with algorithms, data structures, and production troubleshooting
- Expertise in working with major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) and Cloud APIs
- Debugged and optimized code as part of your work delivering a scalable, event driven microservice based application
- Experience building collaborative relationships with your colleagues. You enjoy being part of the code review process and partnering with your teammates on challenging problems
- A degree in Computer Science or other technical qualification.
- Competitive health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flexible PTO