Senior Staff Product Manager, Security, Trust and Privacy - Bangalore, India
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB. Our mission is to be the trusted global database to run mission-critical applications for the world's most important businesses. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to own the overall security strategy and lead the roadmaps for our database and Cloud products. Our Cloud Security strategy has four main pillars: identity and access management, network security, data protection & privacy, and regulatory / industry compliance.
You will partner closely with the Security Engineering, Compliance & Privacy, Console and Cloud Platform Engineering teams to execute your strategy. Your work will make security, risk & legal teams at the world’s largest enterprises feel confident using CockroachDB (both Cloud and self-hosted enterprise products) to store their most mission critical data.
- Ensure that our customers can utilize the best-in-class and cloud-native network security capabilities to secure their workloads on major public clouds or their own data centers, and help imagine the future inter-cloud offering. Example features include PrivateLink and private clusters.
- Ensure our customers have a consistent, secure authentication and authorization mechanism to our Cloud platform. Example features include single-sign on and fine grained access control.
- Ensure our customers have the right data protection and privacy capabilities to secure their data. Example features include Customer Managed Encryption Key.
- Ensure database access is secured through certificate, user/password and SSO capabilities for authentication and authorization, developing and implementing a framework for database RBAC, implementation of principle of least privilege, and providing secure networking protocols for inter-node communication and SQL and HTTP-based access .
- Make Security a differentiator for the CockroachDB Cloud platform, allowing us to continue to work with and become the leading partner of choice for highly regulated organizations, large retail firms and more, that fit within our Ideal Customer Profile.
- As the inaugural Product Manager of the Bangalore site, lead establishment of a robust collaboration model between local engineering teams and their product counterparts, ensuring a cohesive work environment.
In the first 30-60 days, you will go through PM onboarding with your onboarding mentor (Roachmate). You will familiarize yourself with the current state of our network security, data protection and compliance suite of capabilities. You will create Cloud clusters, and try out the core features, to get a sense of the end to end experience for yourself. You’ll review our current backlog, get up to speed on in-flight features, and understand the most pressing customer problems today.
After 90 days, you will be fully integrated into the team. You will conduct customer calls and work with our internal account teams to understand core customer problems. There are countless opportunities for us to invest in and you will be responsible for prioritizing the ones that will exceed our customer’s expectations and allow them to seamlessly integrate CockroachDB into their operations, without ever worrying about Security. As the owner of an integral part of our customer and product growth, you will be an important advisor to senior members of our team as we determine how security can support and accelerate our growth. You will also be expected to be a partner to our Sales team and meet with our most important customers and their Security teams.
- Background in any one of: network security, data protection, IAM, trust and privacy
- Minimum 10 years of total work experience with enterprise or SaaS products
- Delivered successful customer-facing products or features by partnering with senior Engineering teams
- Background working directly with medium-sized to large enterprises to understand and address problems, set proper timelines and expectations around feature delivery to internal stakeholders and external teams
- Experience driving business results through influential communication, written and spoken mediums
- A collaborative approach and an eagerness to partner with other product teams and all other functions in the company such as Legal, Finance, Marketing, and Sales
Nice to Have
- Experience working on infrastructure products is a nice plus.
Reporting to Lakshmi Kannan - Director of PM, Cloud Platform and Security
Lakshmi is responsible for getting our SaaS offerings to product market fit. Lakshmi joined Cockroach Labs in 2018 and has since worked on different parts of the CockroachDB Cloud platform. She is excited to continue building a mission critical SaaS platform for some of the most valuable applications in the world. When not at work, Lakshmi enjoys trying out new recipes in the kitchen, hiking and being outdoors with her wife and dog in Colorado, and Crossfit workouts that keep her on her toes.
Partnering closely with BabuSrithar - Senior Director of Engineering and India Site Lead
BabuSrithar is the Site Leader for India. He is responsible for our growth strategy and is a cultural champion in the region. He is passionate about building high-quality software products and lean teams by leveraging everyone's potential. He enjoys working with people and learning along the way. Before joining Cockroach Labs, BabuSrithar held senior leadership positions at companies like Nutanix, Clumio and recently he was VP of engineering at Apty where he led the engineering globally. When not at work, he enjoys his time with his 3-year-old and family.
- Competitive health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flexible PTO