Alliance Manager, GCP - New York, San Francisco
What you build and where it takes you should be unrestricted by the capabilities of your database. We created CockroachDB as the planet's most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database. Making scale so simple you don't even have to think about it. Making data so resilient it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of database—one born in the cloud and built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, and thrive everywhere.
About The Role
Cockroach Labs is looking for an experienced and motivated Alliance Manager to join our team with a specific focus on driving channel partnership and revenue growth within the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) ecosystem. In this role, you will build executive and field relationships with a strategic partner on the cusp of incredible growth. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth, major strategic agreements, and overall end customer adoption across all market segments. You will possess the business background that enables you to engage at the CXO level, the channel experience to understand the needs and capabilities of GCP, and the sales background needed to easily interact with customers and sales/field reps. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
- Expand our presence across all market segments to grow the GCP business
- Develop and execute a comprehensive channel strategy focused on Google Cloud Platform, aimed at driving revenue growth and market penetration
- Proactively identify and prioritize business opportunities (new verticals, use cases/outcomes, business users, etc.) in order to activate sales execution.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Marketing, and Product, to develop and implement channel enablement programs, joint marketing campaigns, and sales activation.
- Build strong relationships with GCP sales teams and other relevant stakeholders to drive awareness and advocacy for Cockroach Labs' solutions.
- Work collaboratively with GCP and Cockroach Labs field teams to define strategic accounts and joint account planning targets, to support proactive business development.
- Track, analyze, and report on key performance metrics and pipeline activities to internal stakeholders, including executive leadership, to drive data-driven decision-making and optimize channel performance.
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB and become proficient in the product. We believe that it is important for you to build this foundation.
By the end of your first 90 days in the role, the expectation is that you will have effectively onboarded, refined the alliance strategy, initiated key collaborations, and laid the groundwork for revenue growth through cloud partnerships. Your team should be aligned with their goals, and you should be actively engaged with cloud partners to ensure a successful partnership.
- 5+ years of experience in alliance / partner management, business development, or channel sales, ideally with GCP or other hyperscalers
- Strong understanding of GCP go-to-market organization structure including partner, channel, account, and marketing teams; understanding of incentive programs
- Experience developing, negotiating and executing business agreements experience
- Strong communication, presentation, and collaboration skills. Ability to build and nurture trusted executive and cross-functional stakeholder relationships.
- Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
- Data-driven and process-oriented; Have superior project and time management skills, and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to travel as needed
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
The annual anticipated base salary range for U.S. candidates for this role is USD $120,000 to $168,000, plus commission if a sales role. We set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Actual salaries may vary and fall outside of this range depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, geographic location, skills, experience, and competencies. In addition, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. Salary is one component of the Cockroach Labs’ total rewards package, which includes stock options, health insurance, life and disability insurance, funds towards professional development resources, flexible PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave, to name a few! Salaries for candidates outside the U.S. will vary based on local compensation structures.