Senior Partner Solutions Architect, Azure - New York, NY
What you build and where it takes you should be unrestricted by the capabilities of your database. That's why we created CockroachDB as the planet's most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database. Making scale so simple you don't even have to think about it. Making data so resilient it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of database—one born in the cloud and built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, and thrive everywhere.
About The Role
As the Senior Partner Solutions Architect focused on MSFT Azure at Cockroach Labs, you will play a pivotal role in establishing and nurturing our strategic alliance with Azure. You will possess deep technical skill in software architecture and cloud computing as well as customer facing skills at all levels of a partner & customer organization. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. While we are open to remote applicants, we have a strong preference for the NYC-metro area.
- Act as a trusted advisor to Azure counterparts, cross functional teams within Cockroach Labs, and mutual customers
- Act as a strategic technical leader in the field to provide architectural guidance and integration recommendations necessary to promote & accelerate partner engagements worldwide
- Ensure customer & partner success in designing, building, and migrating applications onto the Azure platform
- Lead deep architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class solutions
- Author or otherwise contribute to joint customer-facing publications such as white papers, blogs, and proof of concepts
- Formulate and execute a sales strategy in partnership with your alliance manager to exceed revenue objectives
- Build deep relationships with senior technical staff across Azure and enable them to be CRDB advocates
- Capture and share best-practices amongst the CRL solutions architect community
- Stay updated on industry trends, market dynamics, and competitive landscape to identify opportunities and threats
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB and become proficient in the product. We believe that it is important for you to build this foundation.
By the end of your first 90 days in the role, the expectation is that you will have effectively onboarded, refined the alliance strategy, initiated key collaborations, and laid the groundwork for revenue growth through cloud partnerships. Your team should be aligned with their goals, and you should be actively engaged with cloud partners to ensure a successful partnership.
- Proven track record of at least 5 years in pre-sales and/or partnership roles within the cloud technology space
- 7-10+ years design, implementation, or consulting experience with distributed applications
- Deep understanding of cloud ecosystems, including Azure, AWS, and GCP
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and demonstrate leadership
- Results-oriented mindset with a focus on revenue growth and business impact
- Ability to travel as needed
- Competitive Health Insurance Coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid Parental Leave (with baby bucks)
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Budget
- Relocation Support (as applicable)
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The annual anticipated base salary range for U.S. candidates for this role is USD $143,000 to $178,000, plus commission if a sales role. We set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Actual salaries may vary and fall outside of this range depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, geographic location, skills, experience, and competencies. In addition, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. Salary is one component of the Cockroach Labs’ total rewards package, which includes stock options, health insurance, life and disability insurance, funds towards professional development resources, flexible PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave, to name a few! Salaries for candidates outside the U.S. will vary based on local compensation structures.