Human Resources Business Partner - Bangalore, India
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
We are looking for an HR Business Partner to join our People team at Cockroach Labs. This role is the first of its kind in our India office and will require someone who is willing to wear multiple hats. As an HRBP, you will support all personnel in India with employee relations, performance, and talent development matters. You will also serve as an HR Generalist to support a wide range of activities across workplace logistics, employee onboarding, and employee engagements on the ground in India. This role is a critical link across our Bengaluru regional hub and our headquarters in NYC.
- Collaborate with our India site lead, management team, and People team to ensure we are offering a competitive and locally relevant experience.
- Facilitate HR programs and processes (performance management, annual reviews, etc.) and provide HR expertise to ensure desired objectives and outcomes are attained.
- Align HR support in India with global HRBP counterparts by supporting key initiatives for relevant groups across GTM and R&D.
- Support India-related benefits and payroll activities, including new hire orientations, offering locally relevant input on benefits programs, marketing internal benefit programs, and enhancing employee understanding of leave processes and policies.
- Work cross-functionally with Workplace Experience and Corporate Engineering to support with administrative tasks, streamline office operations, and provide additional resourcing, as needed.
- Collaborate with the People team to champion and accelerate a culture of excellence in which people feel engaged and inspired to deliver top business results.
- Drive continuous improvement in HR processes and procedures across India and the Asia Pacific region, ensuring compliance with local laws and continuity across our global employee base.
In your first 30 days, you will learn about our current processes, programs, and systems. You will meet with colleagues in the region and across the company and start building relationships that will help you better understand Cockroach Labs. It is imperative that you take this time to connect with fellow Roachers, so that you have an understanding of how we work and what we value.
In your first 60 days, you will gain familiarity with our India regional colleagues and existing programs. You’ll start to think of plans that will play to our strengths, mitigate our weaknesses, and build upon the foundation of processes and programs we offer.
After 3 months, you will be integrated into the team. You will be the primary HR point of contact working directly with our India Roachers. You will leverage strong relationships across our People Team for support and share feedback that can be deployed to improve people processes and programs company-wide.
- At least 6 years of experience required; preferred experience working in a fast-moving, high-growth organization especially in an independent office environment
- 4+ years of experience working with managers and leaders in an HRBP capacity
- Relevant experience building company culture and increasing employee engagement
- Experience demonstrating judgment and integrity in sensitive situations
- Superb communication skills, including effective facilitation, listening and writing
- Knowledge of HR programs and practices, including applicable regional employment laws and regulations
Reporting to Lauren Weber, Director, People Operations
Lauren is a culture vulture. Whether you’re talking about organizations, foods, or places... she likes to keep up with what's delicious, fun, and interesting. Born and raised in Kentucky, her career has spanned industries (government, nonprofit, education, tech) and locations (Berlin, District of Columbia, San Francisco, New York). Cringeworthy old-school HR stories are what make Lauren passionate about ensuring Roachers are supported and engaged by our people processes and programs.
- Competitive Health Insurance Coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid Parental Leave (with baby bucks)
- Flexible PTO & Flexible Hours