Senior Staff Sales Engineer, Financial Services - East US
What you build and where it takes you should be unrestricted by the capabilities of your database. We created CockroachDB as the planet's most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database. Making scale so simple you don't even have to think about it. Making data so resilient it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of database—one born in the cloud and built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, and thrive everywhere.
About the Role
We are looking to grow our rapidly expanding sales engineering team. As a Senior Staff Sales Engineer focusing on Financial Services accounts, you will help qualify and close opportunities with customers and partners and provide technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, and supporting technical evaluations. To be eligible for this role, you must be based in the Northeast US.
- Work alongside the sales team to introduce CockroachDB to our potential customers. As a trusted advisor, you will help educate prospects on the unique capabilities of CockroachDB and design solutions to meet a wide variety of challenges.
- Lead product and solution briefings, build proof-of-concepts (POC), run live product demos, and prototype CockroachDB integrations.
- Partner with Cockroach Labs product management, engineering and support teams to solve customer challenges and improve CockroachDB.
- Identify and address customers' key technical objections and develop the engineering strategies strategy to resolve those blockers to adoption.
In your first 30 days, you will immerse yourself in CockroachDB and our sales motion. We believe that it's important for you to take this first month to become familiar with our company, technology and message.
During this time you will be an active listener on customer calls and build relationships with various teams at Cockroach Labs. As you gain confidence in the message and technology, you will be called upon to lead meetings with support from the team.
After 3 months, you should be ready to lead customer meetings without support and conduct POCs. You should be working closely with Account Managers in your territory to build regional go to market strategies and account plans for key prospects.
- 10-12+ years of prior experience collecting requirements, developing solution architectures, leading presentations and teaching prospective users or project teams how to use software similar to CockroachDB.
- Deep experience selling into financial services customers in the Northeast US.
- Developed software or infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems in the past and want to stay close to the code.
- A passion for working on complex technical problems and have a strong understanding of modern infrastructure and database technologies.
- A strong ability to build relationships with our partners, customers, and open-source users.
- A collaborative spirit and enjoy making sure that each team gets customer feedback to keep improving CockroachDB.
- The flexibility to travel to meet customers, attend events or conferences or wherever the work takes you.
- Competitive Health Insurance Coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid Parental Leave (with baby bucks)
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Budget
- Relocation Support (as applicable)
The annual anticipated base salary range for U.S. candidates for this role is USD $147,000 to $206,500, plus commission if a sales role. We set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Actual salaries may vary and fall outside of this range depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, geographic location, skills, experience, and competencies. In addition, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. Salary is one component of the Cockroach Labs’ total rewards package, which includes stock options, health insurance, life and disability insurance, funds towards professional development resources, flexible PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave, to name a few! Salaries for candidates outside the U.S. will vary based on local compensation structures.