IT Support Engineer - Bangalore, India
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. In addition to the open source version of the DB, we offer CockroachCloud, a self-service, fully managed cloud offering of CockroachDB. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy.
About the Role
CockroachDB helps anyone who needs to scale fast, survive anything, and thrive everywhere. We are looking for a Corporate Operations Engineer who will join our helpdesk team and its related duties. This role will report to the Corporate Engineering, Senior Manager and work closely with the Security, Office & People teams. The company is growing rapidly and expanding internationally.
- Be responsible for support requests sent to the Helpdesk
- Provide onsite (Bengaluru Office) support as well as remote global support
- Coordinate hardware ordering/shipping for new hires
- Assist with fleet management (80% Mac, 20% Windows). Keeping our endpoints compliant!
- Write and maintain documentation
- Assist with new hire onboarding/training
- Join an on-call rotation for off hours support
- Manage SAAS tools
- Support AV issues
- Assist the Corporate Engineering team with broader projects (using Jira)
In the first month you will join your Corporate Engineering Team and learn the processes in place for our various IT systems. We believe that it's essential for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology, company, and our culture.
By your second month you will be responding & resolving all Helpdesk requests, escalating to the broader Corporate Engineering team as needed. You will begin to determine the parts of the Helpdesk process most interest you and work with your manager to focus your efforts on projects that improve these processes.
As our team grows you will have the opportunity to shape the direction of the Helpdesk. We want our employees to have a seamless productivity experience. Our best work should be invisible.
We also offer technical training and experienced mentorship to help you learn and grow into whatever you wish it to be.
- Three to five years experience in a Level II Support role
- Comfort supporting Mac and Windows
- Experience managing GSuite, Okta, O365, Slack
- Security centered mindset
- Experience supporting national & international employees
- Windows inTune/Jamf experience, a big plus!
- Networking experience, a plus!
- An excitement for getting things done in a fast paced environment
Richard Dachtera - Corporate Engineering, Senior Manager
Richard is the founding member of the Corporate Engineering team at Cockroach Labs. Over the last four years he’s built three subteams with a global reach. He helped bring the company to SOC2 compliance, supported the company during the COVID transition and opened five offices for the company. Before Cockroach Labs he spent five years at Dropbox as their founding Corporate Engineer hire in New York and then Seattle. Outside of work he’s an avid photographer, with rolls of film easily found in his coat pockets.
Mike Geehan - Senior Director of Security
Mike Geehan is responsible for the safety and security of CockroachDB Cloud and surrounding infrastructure. Mike joined Cockroach Labs from a DC based start-up, and prior to that spent time in larger tech companies in a wide range of roles. Mike is focused on team development. Enabling and growing his team is paramount to the success of the team, and hence the business as a whole. Mike is based in Houston, Texas, and outside of work is focused on his family, his bikes, and in getting a cycling related non-profit organization off the ground.
- Competitive health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flexible PTO
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com.