Senior Corporate Sales Representative - London, UK
What you build and where it takes you should be unrestricted by the capabilities of your database. That's why we created CockroachDB as the planet's most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database. Making scale so simple you don't even have to think about it. Making data so resilient it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of database—one born in the cloud and built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, and thrive everywhere.
About the Role
Corporate Sales Representatives (CSRs) at Cockroach Labs are responsible for helping companies get started with our database-as-a-service offerings, CockroachDB Serverless & CockroachDB Dedicated. This role will focus on both inbound & outbound activity within a defined territory and will allow you to leverage your exceptional communication skills and passion for customer service.
- Be responsible for driving all sales motions (prospect-to-close) for a defined revenue tier. This will include responding to lead generation efforts, conducting demos, developing customer relationships, and closing the opportunity.
- Lead compelling presentations of CockroachDB’s product and vision to a broad range of audiences from C-level executives to individual contributors
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts and clear visibility on sales and revenue performance by actively handling your pipeline of opportunities
- Manage strong working relationships with internal partners, including sales engineering, sales development & customer success.
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB and will be able to pitch the product proficiently. We believe that it is necessary for you to build this foundation so you can successfully engage with existing accounts and grasp the sales strategy. Upon completion of your first month, you will have built cross-functional relationships and will have started building your strategy for account penetration.
After three months, you'll have a sound plan for account strategy and mapping. You have started building relationships with several leaders across your region and are beginning to understand their challenges and how CockroachDB can help solve them.
After six months, you will have at least 5x your quota in the pipeline and will have several active POCs in process.
- 1-2+ years of closing sales experience with demonstrated success in selling a SaaS product or adjacent technology
- 3-5 years of total experience, ideally within B2B software sales
- A strong ability to connect with customers by actively listening to determine their needs
- A track record of overachievement and hitting sales targets
- Previous Sales Methodology training (e.g., MEDDICC, SPIN, Challenger Sales)
- Strong time and resource management skills
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Competitive Health Insurance Coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid Parental Leave (with baby bucks)
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Budget
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com.