Senior Pricing / Underwriting Analyst
We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
As a Pricing Analyst/Underwriter your mission is to help take Collective Health's strategic pricing function to the next level and increase our competitiveness and profitability. In doing so, you will collaborate with partners across the company with an emphasis on sales, client success, strategy, and analytics. You will lead daily pricing and deal decisions and develop processes to make pricing flow smoothly. You will also be instrumental for our transition of Collective Health to different pricing and revenue models. You will report to our Director, Underwriting and Pricing.
What you'll do:
- Develop administrative pricing for prospective and existing self-funded clients.
- Collaborate closely with Sales and Client Success to support pricing decisions.
- Analyze large data sets to identify global and client-specific cost drivers.
- Ongoing processes improvement to gain efficiency and scale.
- Establish oneself as a trusted partner to peers and senior leaders
- Work with senior leaders to support monthly, quarterly, and annual planning processes
- Gain intimate understanding of the healthcare industry at large.
- Participate in meetings involving pricing with Senior Leadership.
- Develop reporting and architecture for customer and product P&Ls.
- Develop financial and unit economic models leading to important insights driving efficiency in cost allocation and use.
- Develop recurring reporting including dashboards, monthly metrics, and Board materials
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- 5+ years experience in data-centric roles within the healthcare space.
- Experience analyzing pricing for market competitiveness, preparing market share and revenue forecasts, and comparing the outcomes of different pricing strategies.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and related data analysis tools.
- Previous work experience working cross functionally with sales and account management teams.
- Experience communicating complex data with all levels within an organization, including senior leadership.
- Experience identifying and developing solutions for process inefficiencies.
- Previous experience working with Google Workspace applications (Sheets, Docs, and Slides).
- Experience supporting large-scale planning processes that involve multiple team members
- Working knowledge of GAAP (Accruals, COGS, and Capitalization versus Expense)
- Background working with hosted Planning solutions and ERP solutions.
Pay Transparency Statement
This is a hybrid position based out of our San Francisco or Lehi office, with the expectation of being in office at least two weekdays per week. #LI-hybrid
The actual pay rate offered within the range will depend on factors including geographic location, qualifications, experience, and internal equity. In addition to the salary, you will be eligible for stock options and benefits like health insurance, 401k, and paid time off. Learn more about our benefits at https://jobs.collectivehealth.com/#benefits.
About Collective Health
Collective Health is the leading health benefits platform that brings together medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, and program partners into an integrated solution that better enables employees and their families to understand, navigate, and pay for healthcare. By reducing the administrative lift of delivering health benefits, providing an intuitive member experience, and helping control costs and improve outcomes, the company guides employees toward healthier lives and companies toward healthier bottom lines.