Staff Software Engineer - Windows Platform
Cribl makes open observability a reality for today’s tech professionals. Our category-defining product suite gives companies the power to control their data and the flexibility to make choices, not compromises. With more than $400 million in funding by top investors including IVP, CRV, Redpoint Ventures, Sequoia, Greylock, and Tiger Global, we continue to grow our revenue and customer base by triple digits, with more than a quarter of Fortune 100 companies now Cribl customers.
As a remote first company, Cribl was recently ranked as the top technology/software company on the Forbes Best Startup Employers list (#7 overall), included in CNBC’s Top Startups for the Enterprise, and has been recognized as a top company for women, diversity, and culture by Comparably. So what's it like to work here? Our culture is rooted in our five core values, which includes Irreverent, but Serious. We like to have fun. We like to make each other laugh. And we love Goats!
Why you’ll love this role
Cribl Edge pushes the power of Cribl Stream to endpoints. Combined with automatic log discovery and metrics production, Cribl Edge empowers developers and operations teams to discover relevant telemetry hidden in unknown and legacy applications that have limited tooling. It allows administrators to explore, collect, transform, and route their data right at their egress points. Whether used on its own or paired with other Cribl products like AppScope and Stream, Edge provides powerful access to data that would otherwise be unreachable.
We are looking for a Staff Engineer to lead the efforts of expanding Edge support to Windows platforms. This work is important to the business as it enables Edge to run on a wider range of operating systems that our customers rely on. As a member of the Edge development team, you will partner with other systems and UI engineers to expand on the capabilities of the product which includes new features and integrations with Cribl Stream and AppScope.
This role is a balanced mix of exploration and engineering. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to delve into emerging technologies while also building high-performance software that runs on multiple platforms. An understanding of our tech stack, specifically TypeScript and Node.js, is essential as you will need to become proficient in these languages to thrive in our environment. We encourage continuous learning and support the development of your skills in these areas.
As an active member of our team, you will…
- Lead research and development of Windows specific features for Cribl Edge
- Rapidly develop subject matter expertise in diverse technologies with which we want to integrate
- Design, develop, test, and maintain code that produces the desired outcomes for our customers
- Ensure product features are working as expected by creating robust test plans paired with comprehensive automated tests
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, UX designers, and business teams to translate feature specifications into implementable code
If you got it - we want it
- 8+ years of backend software development experience
- Demonstrated experience building Windows applications leveraging system APIs
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems
- Experience with using and developing REST APIs
- Windows system knowledge, with hands-on experience working with Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), PowerShell, Windows SysInternals
- Experience with Windows Installers, Win32/WindowsAPI
- Experience using services from cloud based platforms such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- No fear! Speak your mind
- Good jokes, or maybe better, bad jokes
- A love for goats
Salary Range ($125,900 - $243,200)
The salary for this role is dependent on geographic location. The salary offered within the range described will be based on the individual candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a competitive salary, Cribl also offers a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance, paid holidays and paid time off, a fertility treatment benefit, 401(k), equity, and eligibility for a discretionary company-wide bonus.
Bring Your Whole Self
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed, and we work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Interested in joining the Cribl herd? Learn more about the smartest, funniest, most passionate goats you’ll ever meet at cribl.io/about-us.