Senior Software Engineer, Search
Cribl makes open observability a reality for today’s tech professionals. Our category-defining product suite gives companies the power to control their data and the flexibility to make choices, not compromises. With more than $400 million in funding by top investors including IVP, CRV, Redpoint Ventures, Sequoia, Greylock, and Tiger Global, we continue to grow our revenue and customer base by triple digits, with more than a quarter of Fortune 100 companies now Cribl customers.
As a remote first company, Cribl was recently ranked as the top technology/software company on the Forbes Best Startup Employers list (#7 overall), included in CNBC’s Top Startups for the Enterprise, and has been recognized as a top company for women, diversity, and culture by Comparably. So what's it like to work here? Our culture is rooted in our five core values, which includes Irreverent, but Serious. We like to have fun. We like to make each other laugh. And we love Goats!
Why You'll Love This Role
As a Senior Software Engineer at Cribl in Search, you will work closely with the founding team and a group of highly-skilled engineers to shape the future of search and analytics of observability data. You will play a central role in taking this product from early stage innovation to successful scale-out with 1000s of customers.
This role is equal parts research and development; You will work closely with development partners and key stakeholders to iteratively design, develop and deliver a product that will delight our customers. If you enjoy the challenge of building a scalable, robust, and high-performance query processing system from ground up this role is for you.
On top of it all you will have fun. Cribl strives to be a great place to work for everyone.
If You Got It - We Want It
- Design and develop a novel distributed and federated search system for streaming, batch and edge data
- Partner with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and product managers to build query system from first principles
- Participate in architecture discussions and host design reviews with others on your team
- Coach and mentor junior developers
- Evangelize our innovation and engage users by contributing to internal/external blogs
As An Active Member Of Our Team, You Will...
- Bachelor's degree in CS/EE (MS Preferred) with 5+ years of industry experience
- Ability to problem solve from first principles and maintain focus on overarching objectives
- Experience building search, query and/or analytic systems working with structured and unstructured data
- Knowledge of cloud architecture principles
- Experience in developing distributed systems at scale
- Experience with agile processes and rapid iterative development
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Open source contribution
- No fear! Speak your mind
- Good jokes, or maybe better, bad jokes
- A love for goats
- Experience working remotely
Location is in Canada
Bring Your Whole Self
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed, and we work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Interested in joining the Cribl herd? Learn more about the smartest, funniest, most passionate goats you’ll ever meet at cribl.io/about-us.