Technical Marketing Engineer
Cribl makes open observability a reality for today’s tech professionals. Our category-defining product suite gives companies the power to control their data and the flexibility to make choices, not compromises. With more than $400 million in funding by top investors including IVP, CRV, Redpoint Ventures, Sequoia, Greylock, and Tiger Global, we continue to grow our revenue and customer base by triple digits, with more than a quarter of Fortune 100 companies now Cribl customers.
As a remote first company, Cribl was recently ranked as the top technology/software company on the Forbes Best Startup Employers list (#7 overall), included in CNBC’s Top Startups for the Enterprise, and has been recognized as a top company for women, diversity, and culture by Comparably. So what's it like to work here? Our culture is rooted in our five core values, which includes Irreverent, but Serious. We like to have fun. We like to make each other laugh. And we love Goats!
Why You'll Love This Role
Cribl is looking for a Technical Marketing Engineer to join our Marketing team. We help plan the next generations of our product, providing critical hands-on testing, research, and viewpoints. We help sell and market current products by producing compelling written guides and videos and by crafting demo environments for sales and customers to use and experience. We teach people how to use our product – delivering timely training to sales engineers and support staff. And we help customers maximize their use of the product, as we explain and demonstrate the compelling stuff that makes Cribl shine.
If You Got It - We Want It
- Possess and further acquire deep implementation level, hands-on technical knowledge of enterprise software and technologies. Will use that knowledge to understand customer needs and market trends to develop holistic, competitively well-positioned, and technically sound TME deliverables.
- Perform competitive product testing to validate fact vs. fiction and produce incisive but honest competitive briefs about competing and complementary observability products
- Create whitepapers for Cribl technology and solutions, application notes, and implementation guides to help drive our solutions in the market.
- Contribute to marketing requirements, product specification, and product design reviews with Product Management and Engineering, providing valuable real-world, hands-on perspective
- Develop and deliver training materials on products, features, and technologies to sales engineers and customer experience, and success staff
- Author technical white-papers, blogs, and videos describing compelling uses of Cribl products.
- Create and validate evaluation guides for customers and industry reviews
- Create and maintain technically-oriented competitive collateral, and you will lead or assist in competitive testing, Proof-of-Concept, Interoperability events, customer & SE training, and Certification events
- This position will likely require 20-30% travel to attend conferences and marketing events, etc.
As An Active Member Of Our Team, You Will Bring...
- A detailed understanding of networking and system architecture concepts (Event-driven architecture experience a plus)
- A self-driven attitude, thirst for learning, and ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- General Cloud Deployment experience on either AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- The ability to write scripts/programs in at least one of the following: Python, NodeJS or TypeScript
- Experience with code versioning and CI/CD solutions from Github and Bitbucket
- Proficiency with Docker and Kubernetes and automation tools (Ansible, Terraform, or other config management tools)
- Familiarity with Splunk, Elastic/Kibana, Loki/Grafana, and/or CrowdStrike LogScale
- An excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to provide examples of previous work
- 5 to 10 years in the software field as a technical marketing engineer, systems administrator, system engineer, or support engineer.
- 3+ years of experience in the observability software space.
Salary Range ($160,000 - $185,000)
The salary for this role is dependent on geographic location. The salary offered within the range described will be based on the individual candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a competitive salary, Cribl also offers a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance, paid holidays and paid time off, a fertility treatment benefit, 401(k), equity, and eligibility for a discretionary company-wide bonus.
Bring Your Whole Self
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed, and we work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Interested in joining the Cribl herd? Learn more about the smartest, funniest, most passionate goats you’ll ever meet at cribl.io/about-us.