Technical Product Advocate
Cribl makes open observability a reality for today’s tech professionals. Our category-defining product suite gives companies the power to control their data and the flexibility to make choices, not compromises. With more than $400 million in funding by top investors including IVP, CRV, Redpoint Ventures, Sequoia, Greylock, and Tiger Global, we continue to grow our revenue and customer base by triple digits, with more than a quarter of Fortune 100 companies now Cribl customers.
As a remote first company, Cribl was recently ranked as the top technology/software company on the Forbes Best Startup Employers list (#7 overall), included in CNBC’s Top Startups for the Enterprise, and has been recognized as a top company for women, diversity, and culture by Comparably. So what's it like to work here? Our culture is rooted in our five core values, which includes Irreverent, but Serious. We like to have fun. We like to make each other laugh. And we love Goats!
Want to be in the middle of everything at a hypergrowth startup? Join us for a unique and exciting opportunity! Cribl is defining a new market category for observability and security pipelines and is building a product advocate team. Our rapidly growing customer base includes some of the world’s largest organizations. We are backed by top investors, and have built a culture around growth mindset, tenacity, curiosity, creativity, and passion for building something special! We're looking for the best and the brightest who want to make a difference doing a job they love.
About The Opportunity
Product Advocates are the link between our users, the go-to-market organization and the product teams here at Cribl. These experts specialize in helping customers understand the potential of using Cribl products, wowing them with our functionality while also helping them use the product in unique and exciting ways. This role requires deep technical understanding coupled with the ability to communicate across a variety of mediums to varied audiences. Our customers-first approach is focused on making customers successful using Cribl products rather than selling the product – because, once users understand what Cribl products help them do, they inevitably want to use and eventually buy and buy more.
Ideal candidates possess strong technical skills and experience in observability or security. Sales Engineers, Technical Marketing Engineers, or Developer Relations gurus will excel in this role.
What You'll Accomplish
- Thinking through the ideal user journey–from finding Cribl to being successful with multiple products and what is the mix of content and experiences to get folks there
- Creating messaging, content, and experiences that deliver accurate, helpful information to folks evaluating/using Cribl products so they can make informed decisions
- Engaging in dialog about company, product, and marketing priorities and delivering expertise to potential buyers via Cribl community properties and out in the wild
- Interact with Cribl community users and ensure they are enabled to unlock the value of Cribl solutions
- Managing and proposing tooling, change management and KPIs for wrangling and ensuring freshness and impact of content
- Acting as the voice inside of Cribl advocating for user and customer needs (i.e. rolling up commonly requested or discussed feature enhancements and requests)
What You'll Bring
- Experience in technical/product marketing, customer success, systems engineering, developer relations or other customer facing technical role
- Familiarity with Docker and Splunk are STRONGLY preferred.
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills, including creating written content and giving presentations to varied audiences
- A blend of technical understanding and the ability to deliver complex concepts in a clear, concise manner to Cribl users
- Driven, self-motivated, and always looking for ways to improve on our current customer education efforts
- Ability to drive projects through to completion, cooperating and coordinating with many other departments and stakeholders
- Must be willing to travel to interact with customers. This role will typically require 15-25% travel.
- Exceptional capacity to prioritize in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- No fear! Speak your mind
- Good jokes, or maybe better, bad jokes
- A love for goats
Salary Range ($122,300 - $236,300)
The salary for this role is dependent on geographic location. The salary offered within the range described will be based on the individual candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a competitive salary, Cribl also offers a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance, paid holidays and paid time off, a fertility treatment benefit, 401(k), and equity.
Bring Your Whole Self
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed, and we work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Interested in joining the Cribl herd? Learn more about the smartest, funniest, most passionate goats you’ll ever meet at cribl.io/about-us.