Customer Success Engineer- Federal
Cribl makes open observability a reality for today’s tech professionals. Our category-defining product suite gives companies the power to control their data and the flexibility to make choices, not compromises. With more than $400 million in funding by top investors including IVP, CRV, Redpoint Ventures, Sequoia, Greylock, and Tiger Global, we continue to grow our revenue and customer base by triple digits, with more than a quarter of Fortune 100 companies now Cribl customers.
As a remote first company, Cribl was recently ranked as the top technology/software company on the Forbes Best Startup Employers list (#7 overall), included in CNBC’s Top Startups for the Enterprise, and has been recognized as a top company for women, diversity, and culture by Comparably. So what's it like to work here? Our culture is rooted in our five core values, which includes Irreverent, but Serious. We like to have fun. We like to make each other laugh. And we love Goats!
About the Opportunity
The Customer Success Engineer (CSE) acts as a trusted advisor for the customer in achieving customer outcomes, value and success with Cribl solutions. This highly technical role needs to coordinate and strategize across several functions to enable customers to realize continuous value. CSEs must be data-driven to drive efficiency in communicating with federal and public sector customers.
The CSE must be ready to engage with various technical functions within an organization while also being able to demonstrate the value of Cribl in business discussions with company executives. The goal is to help our customers become successful and enthusiastic Cribl champions throughout the customer journey.
What You'll Accomplish:
- Act as a trusted/strategic advisor for customers, driving the entire Customer Success lifecycle from onboarding to expansion
- Become the trusted Cribl expert as customers build out observability pipelines to transform data in their organization
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders and senior management to drive success plans and KPIs at our largest customers
- Communicate effectively to our tech touch customers utilizing our customer success platform to automate our ability to respond using data-driven metrics
- Drive continued and expanded value by expanding usage of existing use cases and identifying new use cases, teams and data sources to reduce, enrich, and route data
- Clear, effective communicator and collaborator working cross-functionally with the Cribl sales, marketing, product, experience, and engineering teams as the voice of the customer
- Keep our customers healthy in their customer journey with Cribl to realize value with their purchase and continue to grow as a customer
- Continually inspire, mentor, and coach team members as an integral piece of the Customer Experience organization
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum of 5 years in a related function with direct customer advocacy and engagement experience in post-sales with passion for customer success and empathy for customer outcomes and value
- Experience with Federal or Public Sector organizations.
- A customers-first mindset with great communication and relationship management skills that can manage customer expectations through being empathetic and listening to our customers
- Proven track record and experience working with large complex enterprises and developing relationships in a high growth environment
- Experience with Observability, Logs, Metrics, IT Operations and Security with a deep understanding of managing data pipelines through the entire data lifecycle
- Proven ability to drive continuous product value by developing new use-cases relating to reducing, reusing, enriching, and routing data to achieve customer outcomes
- Quick learner with good technical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel as needed (up to 25%)
Bonus Points/Preferred Qualifications:
- Administration of Data Engineering platforms (Splunk, Elastic, Datadog, Snowflake, etc.)
- Solid technical understanding of managing customers through Customer Success Platforms such as GainSight or PlanHat
- Working knowledge of major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Good jokes, or maybe better, bad jokes
- Loves talking to customers and solving problems
- Experience working remotely
- Must be a US Citizen
- Top Secret or TS/SCI Clearance is a Plus
Salary Range ($124,800 - $165,800)
The salary for this role is dependent on geographic location. The salary offered within the range described will be based on the individual candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a competitive salary, Cribl also offers a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance, paid holidays and paid time off, a fertility treatment benefit, 401(k), equity, and eligibility for a discretionary company-wide bonus.
Bring Your Whole Self
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed. We work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Bring Your Whole Self
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed, and we work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Interested in joining the Cribl herd? Learn more about the smartest, funniest, most passionate goats you’ll ever meet at cribl.io/about-us.