Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Cribl makes open observability a reality for today’s tech professionals. Our category-defining product suite gives companies the power to control their data and the flexibility to make choices, not compromises. With more than $400 million in funding by top investors including IVP, CRV, Redpoint Ventures, Sequoia, Greylock, and Tiger Global, we continue to grow our revenue and customer base by triple digits, with more than a quarter of Fortune 100 companies now Cribl customers.
As a remote first company, Cribl was recently ranked as the top technology/software company on the Forbes Best Startup Employers list (#7 overall), included in CNBC’s Top Startups for the Enterprise, and has been recognized as a top company for women, diversity, and culture by Comparably. So what's it like to work here? Our culture is rooted in our five core values, which includes Irreverent, but Serious. We like to have fun. We like to make each other laugh. And we love Goats!
Why You'll Love This Role
Cribl Edge pushes the power of Cribl Stream to endpoints. Combined with automatic log discovery and metrics production, Cribl Edge empowers developers and operations teams to discover relevant telemetry hidden in unknown and legacy applications that have limited tooling. It allows administrators to explore, collect, transform, and route their data right at their egress points. Whether used on its own or paired with other Cribl products like Cribl Stream, Edge provides powerful access to data that would otherwise be unreachable.
We are searching for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead a combination of development teams working on our endpoint products. As a senior engineering manager, you will be leading a team of technical engineers who are committed to shipping high-quality software at a regular cadence. This is a fully remote position reporting into the Engineering organization. Your primary role is to help your team reach its maximum potential through mentorship and project direction; thus helping the team overcome any challenges they encounter. This is a hands-on leadership role where you will balance responsibilities that span people management while contributing to the design, development, testing and release of our products.
As An Active Member of This Team, You Will
- Build, coach, mentor and grow a cross functional team of exceptional engineers adept at building large-scale machine data processing applications.
- Establish a strong partnership with product management and product operations team members to refine, prioritize and execute the product roadmap.
- Set a bar for technical excellence in product development with focus on design, robustness, and quality of code.
- Lead the team in driving and implementing projects from idea formulation, design, implementation, and testing.
- Foster a “customer first” mindset by aligning the team toward outcomes that will delight our clients
- Collaborate with other leaders to drive alignment between cross functional teams within the company.
- Balance addressing tactical problems with the team while also maintaining a strategic focus on future initiatives
If You've Got It - We Want it
- Demonstrated experience leading distributed teams of engineers spanning a full stack of back and front end technologies.
- Excellent technical acumen in building distributed systems with a background either in backend, frontend, or full stack software development.
- Experience interfacing directly with customers and/or a community of product users
- Experience building and cultivating strong engineering practices and processes
- Experience hiring, training, and mentoring high performing engineers to fulfill all aspects of software development and maintenance.
- BS CS/EE or equivalent practical experience with 10+ years of industry experience, including 4+ years in a technical leadership role
- Experience contributing to or managing open source projects.
- Experience with node.js, C/C++, or Go
- Experience building products for multiple operating systems.
- No fear! Speak your mind
- Good jokes, or maybe better, bad jokes
- A love for goats
Salary Range ($180,000 - 320,000)
The salary for this role is dependent on geographic location. The salary offered within the range described will be based on the individual candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a competitive salary, Cribl also offers a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance, paid holidays and paid time off, a fertility treatment benefit, 401(k), equity, and eligibility for a discretionary company-wide bonus.
Bring Your Whole Self
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed, and we work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Interested in joining the Cribl herd? Learn more about the smartest, funniest, most passionate goats you’ll ever meet at cribl.io/about-us.