Technical Support Engineer - Canada
Cribl makes open observability a reality for today’s tech professionals. Our category-defining product suite gives companies the power to control their data and the flexibility to make choices, not compromises. With more than $400 million in funding by top investors including IVP, CRV, Redpoint Ventures, Sequoia, Greylock, and Tiger Global, we continue to grow our revenue and customer base by triple digits, with more than a quarter of Fortune 100 companies now Cribl customers.
As a remote first company, Cribl was recently ranked as the top technology/software company on the Forbes Best Startup Employers list (#7 overall), included in CNBC’s Top Startups for the Enterprise, and has been recognized as a top company for women, diversity, and culture by Comparably. So what's it like to work here? Our culture is rooted in our five core values, which includes Irreverent, but Serious. We like to have fun. We like to make each other laugh. And we love Goats!
About the Opportunity
Cribl is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to ensure customer success by providing enterprise-level support to our customers and partners. We are a fast-growing, remote-first company with a mission to unlock the value of all observability data. At our core, we believe in shipping phenomenal products and doing good by our customers and communities. We provide our customers with a new and unprecedented level of observability, intelligence, and control over their real-time data. We're backed by Sequoia and CRV, and our products are deployed in some of the largest organizations in the world processing 100s of TB and PB of IT & Security data, and managed by Site Reliability Engineers, System Engineers, and Technical Operations teams.
In this role, you will be joining a highly technical and collaborative team that is committed to shipping high quality software and enjoying all the goat gifs the internet has to offer. The ideal candidate for this role has a mixture of strong technical chops, an innate desire to help customers, and a natural affinity for collaboration.
We are accepting applicants in Canada and the United States
What You’ll Accomplish:
- Develop a deep technical understanding of Cribl Stream.
- Provide extraordinary technical support to our Enterprise customers and across various channels such as Slack, Email, online meetings, etc.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues.
- Follow standard procedures for reproducibility and escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers, set achievable expectations, and ensure proper recording and closure of all issues.
- Provide and document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes, articles and participate in real-time forums (e.g., Slack) for real-time questions.
What You’ll Bring:
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience supporting enterprise customers or working hands-on with distributed systems.
- Passionate about working on complex technical issues.
- Expert-level troubleshooting & problem-solving skills, and a critical thinker.
- Excellent client-facing skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Linux, AWS, Azure, and Networking.
- Regex and JS experience is a Plus
- Fast learner
- You currently live in Canada or the United States
Bonus Points/Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Splunk, Elasticsearch, LogStash and related technologies
Bring Your Whole Self
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed, and we work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Interested in joining the Cribl herd? Learn more about the smartest, funniest, most passionate goats you’ll ever meet at cribl.io/about-us.