Staff Software Engineer - Backend - Stream
Cribl does differently.
What does that mean? It means we are a serious company that doesn’t take itself too seriously; and we’re looking for people who love to get stuff done, and laugh a bit along the way. We’re growing rapidly - looking for collaborative, curious, and motivated team members who are passionate about putting customers first. As a remote-first company we believe in empowering our employees to do their best work, wherever they are.
As the data engine for IT and Security many of the biggest names in the most demanding industries trust Cribl to solve their most pressing data needs. Ready to do the best work of your career? Join the herd and unlock your opportunity.
Why You'll Love This Role
As a Staff Software Engineer at Cribl, you will help set the technical direction for Stream by working closely with an existing team of awesome engineers and product managers to help identify, design, develop, and deliver products that delight our customers. Additionally, you will be empowered to influence our internal tools, technologies, and processes as we continue to grow. This role is equal parts research and development. If you enjoy the challenges of building scalable, robust, and high performing distributed systems which process large data sets in real time, this position may be right for you. In this role, you will join a team of skilled engineers committed to shipping the highest quality software and ensuring our customers’ satisfaction. This is a fully remote role and Cribl is a remote first company. Our culture embraces the diversity of team members spread all across the globe.
As An Active Member Of This Team, You Will
- Provide technical direction for products, projects, and features with emphasis on back end systems and APIs responsible for ingesting, processing, and routing data
- Contribute to architecture discussions and design reviews with others on your team
- Partner with a cross functional team of engineers, designers, and product managers to translate feature specifications into product designs and implementable code
- Design, develop, test, and maintain clear, concise, and robust code that produces the desired outcomes for our customers
- Ensure product features are working as expected by creating robust test plans paired with comprehensive automated tests
- Mentor and coach junior engineers on the design and implementation of their code
- Evangelize our innovation and engage our users by contributing to internal and external blogs related to the products that you help develop
If You've got it - We Want it
- Demonstrated experience building products that leverage large scale data sets (Node.js/Typescript/React)
- Enjoy learning new technologies and ability to develop prototypes quickly
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems
- Experience with using and developing REST APIs
- Experience with Agile processes and rapid iterative development
- Strong sense of ownership with focus on high quality and high performing deliverable
- Experience developing services for cloud based platforms
- Open source contribution
- Working knowledge of Docker and k8s
- No fear! Speak your mind
- Good jokes, or maybe better, bad jokes
- A love for goats
Salary Range ($139,800 - $270,300)
The salary for this role is dependent on geographic location. The salary offered within the range described will be based on the individual candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a competitive salary, Cribl also offers a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance, paid holidays and paid time off, a fertility treatment benefit, 401(k), equity, and eligibility for a discretionary company-wide bonus.
Bring Your Whole Self
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed, and we work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Interested in joining the Cribl herd? Learn more about the smartest, funniest, most passionate goats you’ll ever meet at cribl.io/about-us.