Senior Staff Backend Engineer - Integrations
Cribl does differently.
What does that mean? It means we are a serious company that doesn’t take itself too seriously; and we’re looking for people who love to get stuff done, and laugh a bit along the way. We’re growing rapidly - looking for collaborative, curious, and motivated team members who are passionate about putting customers first. As a remote-first company we believe in empowering our employees to do their best work, wherever they are.
As the data engine for IT and Security many of the biggest names in the most demanding industries trust Cribl to solve their most pressing data needs. Ready to do the best work of your career? Join the herd and unlock your opportunity.
Why You’ll Love This Role
As a Senior Staff Software Integrations Engineer at Cribl, you will design and build the software components that enable Stream to collect and send data between closed and open source systems. This role is equal parts research and development. If you enjoy diving deep into new technologies, understanding how they work, and slinging code to bind them together, this role might be the right one for you. You will join a team of skilled engineers committed to shipping the highest quality software and ensuring our customers’ satisfaction. This is a fully remote role and Cribl is a remote first company. Our culture embraces the diversity of team members spread all across the globe.
As An Active Member Of This Team, You Will
- Take lead on features that integrate Cribl’s data stream processing engine with data systems such as Splunk, Elastic Search, Kafka, AWS S3, Azure Blob Storage, Google Cloud Storage.
- Rapidly develop subject matter expertise in a diverse set of 3rd party technologies with which we want to integrate
- Design, develop, test, and maintain clear, concise, and robust code that produces the desired outcomes for our customers
- Ensure product features are working as expected by creating robust test plans paired with comprehensive automated tests
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, UX designers, and business teams to translate feature specifications into implementable code
- Mentor and coach junior engineers on the design and implementation of their code
- Evangelize our innovation and engage our users by contributing to internal and external blogs related to the products that you help develop
If You’ve Got It - We Want It
- Heavily backend software development experience
- Demonstrated experience building products that leverage large scale data sets
- Enjoy learning new technologies and ability to develop prototypes quickly
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems
- Experience with using and developing REST APIs
- Experience with Agile processes and rapid iterative development
- Strong sense of ownership with focus on high quality and high performing deliverable
- Experience with authorization and authentication standards such as Oauth2, OpenID Connect, LDAP and SAML
- Experience using services from cloud based platforms
Salary Range ($160,700 - $310,500)
The salary for this role is dependent on geographic location. The salary offered within the range described will be based on the individual candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a competitive salary, Cribl also offers a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance, paid holidays and paid time off, a fertility treatment benefit, 401(k), equity, and eligibility for a discretionary company-wide bonus.
Bring Your Whole Self
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed, and we work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Interested in joining the Cribl herd? Learn more about the smartest, funniest, most passionate goats you’ll ever meet at cribl.io/about-us.