Director of Performance Marketing
The financial industry is growing at a record pace, but our data providers are still stuck in the past — with cumbersome onboarding processes, complicated APIs, slow infrastructure, and expensive licensing costs.
Databento is the next-generation market data provider — with the radical idea that you should only pay for the data that you use. We power the world's largest finance and fintech institutions and lower the barrier of entry for small startups.
Since starting in 2019, we've raised over $27.8M in funding and have over 2,000 companies signed up pre-launch. Our team consists of former data users from firms like Two Sigma, Belvedere, Pico, Bloomberg, Pinterest, and Google.
We offer health, dental, disability, and life insurance benefits, as well as 401(k) matching and visa sponsorships. We accommodate 100% remote work, with teammates living around the globe and paid in their local currency.
You'll oversee the company's performance marketing strategy. This includes the following.
- Develop and implement SEO and SEM strategies for each product launch.
- Create and track relevant metrics to determine the return on investment of various growth and marketing channels.
- Create technical content and ads targeted at our audience of developers.
- Execute various inbound and outbound marketing strategies and growth hacks.
- Research competitors and their performance marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with executives to make decisions regarding the budget, branding, and direction of the company.
- Create and maintain a successful brand and image.
The ideal candidate can communicate with ease on various platforms (social media, blog posts, technical content, press releases, conferences, etc). Below are other skills that we look for.
- Experience in the financial market data industry, and/or experience marketing an API product targeting developers.
- Programming experience in languages/frameworks like Python, C++, and Rust.
- Experience launching SEO and SEM campaigns on Google, Linkedin, Reddit, and more.
- Daily usage of a CRM like Hubspot or Salesforce.
- Experience with PLG and inbound marketing.
- A desire to work at a fast-growing fintech startup.
Databento, Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Databento complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Our recruiting data suggests that underrepresented applicants often downplay their skills. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match the qualifications listed, we still want to hear from you. Please apply!