Technical Writer / Education Content Developer, Software
We are a well-funded, global software company headquartered in San Francisco with global offices across Europe backed by top tier investors including KPCB, Redpoint Ventures, and Next World Capital among others. Our customers include who’s who of the fortune 100 and the list is growing!
We have a history of continued innovation since 2010, serving the fortune 100 providing an enterprise grade platform enabling trusted data-driven insights anywhere. Datameer’s advanced data preparation, exploration and governance functionality makes it easy to transform big data into curated data sets to feed any analytics initiative. Using a hybrid architecture that spans on-premise and the cloud, Datameer helps organizations deliver new insights in days and operationalize them immediately, increasing agility and responsiveness of the analytics that drive the business.
As a Technical Writer / Education Content Developer you play a crucial role in developing value added content for Datameer’s products. We are looking for an individual that is driven, creative, and can adapt quickly. This is a new role, reporting to the Senior Director of Product Management.
Preferred candidate locations are San Francisco Bay Area, US and Greater Toronto Area, Canada.
- Create an amazing self serve experience for Datameer’s users
- Generate online content to aid with this goal, including:
- Product documentation
- Online courses
- Training videos
- Guided tutorials
- Develop a process for monitoring end-user usage patterns and behavior metrics
- Provide user experience recommendations and end user feedback to product team
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Marketing, Communication, or a related field
- Experience writing documentation for a software SaaS product is a must
- Experience developing, editing and maintaining guided tutorials and video content
- Experience using Github for version controlled documentation
- Experience using a Static Site Generator such as mkdocs
- Experience in Data Analytics or Business Intelligence industry is considered a big plus
- Proficient Linux command-line experience
- Proactive and independent - ability to prioritize and drive internal programs with minimal supervision
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Datameer does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Datameer will not pay fees to any third party recruitment agency or firm in the absence of a signed agreement and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Datameer.