We are a well-funded, global software company headquartered in San Francisco with global offices across Europe backed by top tier investors including KPCB, Redpoint Ventures, and Next World Capital among others. Our customers include who’s who of the fortune 100 and the list is growing!
We have a history of continued innovation since 2010, serving the fortune 100 providing an enterprise grade platform enabling trusted data-driven insights anywhere. Datameer’s advanced data preparation, exploration and governance functionality makes it easy to transform big data into curated data sets to feed any analytics initiative. Using a hybrid architecture that spans on-premise and the cloud, Datameer helps organizations deliver new insights in days and operationalize them immediately, increasing agility and responsiveness of the analytics that drive the business.
The Account Executive is the primary relationship manager for a number of new clients within a Region. The person is responsible for the profitable sales of Datameer Solutions and services including applications, software, platforms, consulting services and support services. You are a self-driven and highly energetic person with a winning attitude who possesses an in-depth understanding of the sales process, the ability to build strong customer relationships and close sales.
- Achieve / exceed new business quota targets by developing a sales and demand generation strategy in the allocated territory with a target prospect list and a regional territory plan.
- Manage a pipeline of inbound and self-sourced leads to identify, engage, and develop relationships with potential buyers.
- Execute on Leads generated by the Demand Generation program put in place.
- Become a trusted advisor by establishing strong relationships based on knowledge of customer requirements and future roadmap and commitment to drive business value.
- Establish and enhance key relationships across each assigned customer’s Business and IT organization.
- Effectively advise and influence customers through consultative solution based selling techniques.
- Follow a disciplined approach to maintaining a rolling pipeline. Keep pipeline current and move up the pipeline curve.
- Leverage support organizations including Marketing, Sales Operations, Partners and channels to funnel pipeline into the assigned territory.
- Advance and close sales opportunities - through the successful execution of the sales strategy.
- Support all Spotlight promotions and events in the territory
- 5+ years of experience in sales of complex business software, in a progressive direct sales role, preferably within the big data, ETL or business intelligence industries, with a deep focus on driving new business.
- A track record of success in driving consistent activity, pipeline development and quota achievement
- New business sales focus
- Experience hitting quota of $1M+ of ARR per year
- Experience in working with Enterprise Accounts
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline required.
- A successful candidate should be driven, creative, a self-starter, team player and strategic thinker.
- Strong verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to independently manage, develop, and close new client relationships.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.