Technical Instructor (Contractor)
As a Datameer Technical Instructor and Course Developer, you will join a team responsible for the instructional design of eLearning and Instructor-led courses, and deliver education to Datameer customers, partners and employees. This role offers an incredible opportunity to contribute to all of our critical education and development programs including in-person live training (in-person and virtual), courseware development, contributing to eLearning creation, Certification Exam updating and building embedded training with a Digital Adoption Platform (WalkMe). The Technical Instructor and Course Developer ensures course creation deadlines are met, the Learning Management System is maintained and Instructor-Led classes are delivered.
- Located in San Francisco
- Deliver instructor-led (classroom and virtual) synchronous training ranging from Data Analyst and Data Engineering basics to Datameer Administration
- Deliver excellent presentations, both business focused and technical
- Engage with customers on defining custom training needs.
- Help designs and develop course content including, but not limited to, measurable learning objectives, Use Cases, business scenarios, simulations, audio scripts and knowledge assessments
- Utilizes ADDIE, SAM, Kirkpatrick and other recognized models to rapidly design, develop and publish engaging course content and learning activities for ILT, online and virtual, and eLearning modalities with continuous evaluation/improvement cycles
- Adapts instructional materials created for one format to another format (usually from face-to-face to eLearning and virtual)
- Demonstrate technical aptitude and experience via education delivery
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Other training related duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Learning and Development, Communication, or a related field
- 3+ years experience teaching software in a professional corporate setting with excellent presentation and teaching skills, both in-person and virtual
- Extensive experience with data stored in an RDBMS, flat file (csv, xml, JSON) and Big Data (Hadoop) concepts.
- 3+ years teaching both on-premise and SaaS data integration business applications.
- Experience designing and developing ILT/eLearning materials (Note: A work sample will be requested as part of the hiring process)
- Possess the knowledge or skills needed to setup the classroom environment for training purposes.
- Experience using multiple learning methods and linking appropriate methods with learners and outcomes.
- Able to explain complex topics to a range of learner levels - novice to advanced.
- Familiarity with adult learning theories.
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Proficient in MacOS, office tools (Keynote/PowerPoint, Pages/Word, Google Tools/Box), remote ILT software (GoToTraining/WebEx/Zoom), Learning Management System (Skilljar)
Preferred Experience and Requirements
- 3+ years' experience designing, developing and implementing training curriculum for software based solution
- WalkMe Digital Adoption Platform
- Expertise with Big Data and Cloud industries
We are a well-funded, global software company headquartered in San Francisco with global offices across Europe backed by top tier investors including KPCB, Redpoint Ventures, and Next World Capital among others. Our customers include who’s who of the fortune 100 and the list is growing!
We are an agile enterprise big data platform that fuels faster, trusted data-driven insights anywhere. Datameer’s advanced data preparation, exploration and governance functionality makes it easy to transform big data into curated data sets to feed any analytics initiative. Using a hybrid architecture that spans on-premises and the cloud, Datameer helps organizations deliver new insights in days and operationalize them immediately, increasing agility and responsiveness of the analytics that drive the business.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
Datameer currently does not support VISAS.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Datameer does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Datameer will not pay fees to any third party recruitment agency or firm in the absence of a signed agreement and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Datameer.