Quality Engineer - AI
Descript is looking for a methodical QA professional with a keen eye for details and experience in testing AI models to help ensure the overall quality and reliability of our AI-powered products that revolutionizes the way content creators work with audio & video. This is an opportunity to work directly in the fast-moving landscape of AI technology and integrate best-in-class quality practices into our product development framework.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate closely with the AI research team to understand project requirements, develop test plans, and conduct thorough testing of AI algorithms and features to identify issues and areas of improvements
- Establish baselines, benchmarks and quality rating systems that consistently represent model quality
- Develop and scale our standards for quantitative and qualitative evaluation of AI models
- Create and maintain clear documentation, including test plans, test cases, and bug reports
- Leverage internal and external resources for gathering preference test data
- Audit and communicate with third party service providers to determine if they meet our quality requirements
- Continuously enhance testing processes, methodologies, and tools to improve efficiency
- Mentor QA Engineers on other teams to test AI models and coordinate with cross-functional teams, including software engineers and product managers, to ensure seamless integration and a smooth user experience
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent relevant experience
- 5+ years QA experience
- 2+ years experience leading testing or evaluation of AI models
- 2+ years experience as a test lead on a team, product area, or feature
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
Nice to Have
- Experience working with AI research teams
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Experience using Python for scripting
The base salary range for this role is $138,000-$170,000. Final offer amounts will carefully consider multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise, and location, and they may vary from the amount above.
Descript is building a simple, intuitive, fully-powered editing tool for video and audio — an editing tool built for the age of AI. We are a team of 125 — with a proven CEO and the backing of some of the world's greatest investors (OpenAI, Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint Ventures, Spark Capital).
Descript is the special company that's in possession of both product market fit and the raw materials (passionate user community, great product, large market) for growth, but is still early enough that each new employee has a measurable influence on the direction of the company.
Benefits include a generous healthcare package, catered lunches, and flexible vacation time. We currently have offices in San Francisco and Montreal, and are open to folks working remotely between PT and ET time zones. Whether you love WFH or can’t wait to get back to being in person, we're interested in offering an environment that works for you.
Descript is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We believe in actively building a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions to better allow our employees, products, and community to thrive.