Analytics Engineer, Finance
Our vision is to build the next generation platform to enable easy and fast creation of audio and video content powered by cutting-edge AI. Building a revolutionary way to record, transcribe, edit, and mix spoken audio and video comes with a series of unique challenges and requires solving hard and complex problems.
As a Finance focused Analytics Engineer on the Data Team you will build and maintain data models, transformation pipelines, and reporting which will be leveraged by the Finance team. You will have ownership around the accuracy and consistency of data for reporting and analytics within the Finance domain. You’ll also work closely with stakeholders across business teams including Sales, Marketing, and Product to ensure an unified financial dataset that can be leveraged cross functionally. You’ll play an integral role in building the metrics and self-serve reporting capabilities to unlock Descript’s next phase of growth.
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop, and optimize robust data pipelines and models to facilitate seamless financial modeling and reporting.
- Work closely with Finance, Marketing, Sales, and Product teams to develop a deep understanding of Descript’s operations and build data pipelines and reporting to support financial reporting.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to refine metrics and build intuitive dashboards that empower stakeholders with actionable insights.
- You will work with dbt, BigQuery, Airbyte, and hex.
What You Bring
- 3-5 years of experience in Analytics Engineering or Data Engineering at a fast-growing company.
- Proficiency in SQL, Python, and dbt.
- Financial domain expertise via experience at a growth stage SaaS business.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to translate business needs into tractable project plans.
- A good sense for when it makes sense to build fast and scrappy solutions vs. a robust and long term approach.
- Curiosity, savviness to navigate in a dynamic environment, and a growth mindset.
The base salary range for this role is $150,000- $190,000/year. Final offer amounts will carefully consider multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise, location, and may vary from the amount above.
Descript is building a simple, intuitive, fully-powered editing tool for video and audio — an editing tool built for the age of AI. We are a team of 125 — with a proven CEO and the backing of some of the world's greatest investors (OpenAI, Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint Ventures, Spark Capital).
Descript is the special company that's in possession of both product market fit and the raw materials (passionate user community, great product, large market) for growth, but is still early enough that each new employee has a measurable influence on the direction of the company.
Benefits include a generous healthcare package, catered lunches, and flexible vacation time. We currently have offices in San Francisco and Montreal, and are open to folks working remotely between PT and ET time zones. Whether you love WFH or can’t wait to get back to being in person, we're interested in offering an environment that works for you.
Descript is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We believe in actively building a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions to better allow our employees, products, and community to thrive.