Head of Product Management
Be Part of Building the Future
Dremio is The Easy and Open Data Lakehouse, providing self-service analytics with data warehouse functionality and data lake flexibility across all of your data. Dremio increases agility with a revolutionary data-as-code approach that adopts Git concepts to enable data experimentation, version control, and governance. In addition, Dremio breaks down data silos by simplifying ingestion into the lakehouse, and also allowing queries directly on databases and data warehouses. All of this is available through a fully managed service that not only eliminates the need to maintain infrastructure and software, but also automatically optimizes the data in the lakehouse to maximize performance for every workload.
Founded in 2015, Dremio is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Investors include Cisco Investments, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, and Sapphire Ventures. For more information, visit www.dremio.com. Connect with Dremio on GitHub, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that really do change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
About the role
The Head of Product Management role is responsible for the vision and strategy, roadmap, feature and functionality definition and positioning, customer experience, technical field and support enablement, UX and design, documentation, and analytics for Dremio’s products. This role will build and manage a customer-obsessed and data driven product management organization responsible for the end-to-end success of our business and influence company-wide processes for strategic and operational alignment. The Head of Product Management will be an internal and external evangelist for Dremio’s products, and will work directly with engineering, sales, services, and marketing teams to define and execute on customer-facing initiatives to drive adoption and growth. This position will lead a cross functional organization consisting of product managers, a documentation team, and a UX and design team, including leaders of leaders. Dremio is a high-growth, fast-paced, well-capitalized, product-led data lakehouse company, and our SaaS and software products are used by data engineering teams for mission critical workloads.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage the product management team including both individual contributors and leads
- Responsible for the roadmap of Dremio Cloud, Dremio Software, and Dremio’s open source initiatives
- Collaborate on a daily basis with the engineering team to ensure timely product delivery
- Establish long-term plans that support overall company goals and mission
- Leadership and management of product managers including resource management, hiring, mentorship, and performance management
- Develop long-term strategic vision for product management within the Data product area.
- Deliver vision and requirement documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
- Participate with strategic customers as a Dremio trusted advisor to ensure their success, manage escalations, requirements analysis and product planning activities.
- Foster a product management culture that is innovative, collaborative, curious, and focused on the customer and company mission.
- Hire and build a great team with exceptional talent, identifying and mentoring internal leaders as we grow.
What we’re looking for
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Experienced people manager.
- 7+ years in leading product management teams, responsible for the whole product.
- 10+ years experience delivering software products used by external end-users ideally in a similar software area.
- Demonstrated love for technology and keeping up with the rapid advances.
- Data driven, an eager adopter of technology who is able to see the big picture value of data driven solutions.
- Possesses a high dose of common sense and impeccable communication skills – high level of comfort in discussions with engineers and CEOs alike.
- Proven ability to define a clear vision and roadmap that is challenging, but achievable and motivating to your team.
- Track record of exceptional personal results, routinely setting and meeting commitments that are a stretch for others.
What we offer
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Short term / long term disability and life insurance
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Flexible PTO
- 16 hours of volunteer time off
- 12 company paid holidays, including Juneteenth
- Remote work options
- Monthly “Get Stuff Done” (GSD) Days
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Quarterly swag surprise
**Certain benefits are only allowed to full-time Dremio employees and may not be the same across all locations. #LI-JW1 #LI-Remote
The base salary range for this position is $205,417 to $277,917 per year. The base salary actually offered to a successful candidate will take into account various relevant and non-discriminatory business factors including, without limitation, the candidate’s geographic location, job-related experience, knowledge, and skills, and education, as well as internal equity considerations. A successful candidate may also be eligible to earn additional compensation including commissions and/or bonuses.
What we value
At Dremio, we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to People, Thinking, and Action. Our Gnarlies (that's what we call our employees) communicate with clarity, drive accountability, and are respectful towards each other. We confront brutal facts and focus on results while operating with a sense of urgency and building a "flywheel". People who like to jump in and drive momentum will thrive in our #GnarlyLife.
Dremio is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other unlawful factor.
Dremio is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
Dremio has policies in place to protect the personal information that employees and applicants disclose to us. Please click here to review the privacy notice.