Presales Solutions Architect
Be Part of Building the Future
Dremio is The Easy and Open Data Lakehouse, providing self-service analytics with data warehouse functionality and data lake flexibility across all of your data. Dremio increases agility with a revolutionary data-as-code approach that adopts Git concepts to enable data experimentation, version control, and governance. In addition, Dremio breaks down data silos by simplifying ingestion into the lakehouse, and also allowing queries directly on databases and data warehouses. All of this is available through a fully managed service that not only eliminates the need to maintain infrastructure and software, but also automatically optimizes the data in the lakehouse to maximize performance for every workload.
Founded in 2015, Dremio is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Investors include Cisco Investments, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, and Sapphire Ventures. For more information, visit www.dremio.com. Connect with Dremio on GitHub, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that really do change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
About the role
As a member of the Revenue team, this role will support and execute on Dremio’s vision to ensure customer success throughout pre and post sales. As a Presales Solutions Architect, you will work proactively with the technical community (Professional Services, Support, Product Management, R&D) to help customers adopt, deploy, and get maximum value out of Dremio. To do so, you'll establish yourself as a trusted advisor and demonstrate how Dremio helps companies achieve their business outcome, discuss their project's roadmap and implementation steps, and identify expansion opportunities.
Qualified candidates must embody the highest level of technical and industry knowledge and leverage their experiences to increase adoption, retention, expansion, and overall customer experience. The Presales Solutions Architect must be passionate about Dremio’s mission, thrive in a dynamic environment, and be willing to take ownership to get things done. The candidate is equally comfortable in both business and technical contexts, interacting both with executives and technology practitioners.
What you’ll be doing
- Engage with the Dremio Sales Team and Prospects in preparing and presenting the Dremio product and technology while addressing any technical questions or concerns that come up during the sales cycle
- Understand prospects challenges and requirements to create an overall technical solution addressing prospects’ challenges and needs
- Deliver discovery and solutions architecture workshops
- Propose compelling architectures that integrate with the prospect’s technical ecosystem
- Demonstrate the value that would be harnessed by prospects should they adopt Dremio in the proposed solution architecture
- Drive technical evaluation and validation in the form of Pilots, Proof-of-Concepts, Proof-of-Technology, as deemed appropriate
- Work closely with Account Executives to implement customers’ programs and initiatives based on customer segmentation to ensure a positive customer drive growth through lands / adoption, renewals and expansion
- Serve as a focal point to ensure customers’ technical needs and issues are swiftly addressed by involving the broader Dremio’s technical community (Professional Services, Support, Product Management, R&D)
- Liaise with Product Managers to provide feedback from customers about product requirements
- Develop a deep understanding of the Dremio product and technology and keep abreast of market trends and product & competitor landscapes
- Support marketing activities by delivering presentations and educational workshops to prospects
- Establish thought leadership by publishing articles and blogs as well as delivering keynotes at major events
What we’re looking for
- 7+ years experience as a Sales Engineer/Solutions Architect
- Start-up/Scale-up experience with ‘can do’ attitude
- Knowledge of databases, specifically MPP analytic databases and data warehousing concepts
- Working knowledge of Linux, comfortable installing, debugging and integrating applications on Linux
- Platform ecosystem including: Concepts of data warehousing, ETL, data integration, Business Intelligence
- Expansive industry experience and technical understanding related to the data analytics industry, and/or hands-on experience using analytics technologies
- Good understanding and experience supporting Data Lakes and Cloud technologies
- Excellent knowledge of data management, reporting, etc.
- Excellent SQL skills in writing and performance tuning queries
- Experience with scripting tools such as bash shell scripts, Spark, and Python
- Great presentation skills with the ability to speak in front of large audiences
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time
- Fluency in English
Bonus points if you have
- Value engineering skills
- Established thought leadership in a relevant field
What we offer
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Short term / long term disability and life insurance
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Flexible PTO
- 16 hours of volunteer time off
- 12 company paid holidays, including Juneteenth
- Remote work options
- Monthly “Get Stuff Done” (GSD) Days
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Quarterly swag surprise
**Certain benefits are only allowed to full-time Dremio employees and may not be the same across all locations. #LI-NR1
The base salary for this position is $149,600 to $202,400 per year. The base salary actually offered to a successful candidate will take into account various relevant and non-discriminatory business factors including, without limitation, the candidate’s geographic location, job-related experience, knowledge, and skills, and education, as well as internal equity considerations. A successful candidate may also be eligible to earn additional compensation including commissions and/or bonuses.
What we value
At Dremio, we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to People, Thinking, and Action. Our Gnarlies (that's what we call our employees) communicate with clarity, drive accountability, and are respectful towards each other. We confront brutal facts and focus on results while operating with a sense of urgency and building a "flywheel". People who like to jump in and drive momentum will thrive in our #GnarlyLife.
Dremio is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other unlawful factor.
Dremio is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
Dremio has policies in place to protect the personal information that employees and applicants disclose to us. Please click here to review the privacy notice.
Something looks off?