Software Engineer - Control Plane
Be Part of Building the Future
Dremio is The Easy and Open Data Lakehouse, providing self-service analytics with data warehouse functionality and data lake flexibility across all of your data. Dremio increases agility with a revolutionary data-as-code approach that adopts Git concepts to enable data experimentation, version control, and governance. In addition, Dremio breaks down data silos by simplifying ingestion into the lakehouse, and also allowing queries directly on databases and data warehouses. All of this is available through a fully managed service that not only eliminates the need to maintain infrastructure and software, but also automatically optimizes the data in the lakehouse to maximize performance for every workload.
Founded in 2015, Dremio is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Investors include Cisco Investments, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, and Sapphire Ventures. For more information, visit www.dremio.com. Connect with Dremio on GitHub, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that really do change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
About the role
In this role you will be responsible for delivering Dremio Lakehouse SaaS offering in multiple public clouds (AWS, Azure and GCP). Dremio’s Cloud Platform Engineers ensure that our microservices that power the Dremio Query Engines in various clouds are scalable and reliable. You will tackle some of the complex distributed systems challenges in building scalable and resilient control plane services, query life cycle management, query telemetry, workload isolation and management, improving overall system performance and reducing latencies, and ensuring that the service can be operationalized effectively. This is an opportunity to join a growth stage startup and help build a highly scalable cloud service.
What you'll be doing
- Build critical Cloud Control Plane and Platform Backend software for Dremio Cloud deployed as SaaS in AWS, Azure, and GCP cloud environments.
- Design, develop and support various software functions in multiple areas of core cloud platform, query life cycle management, query telemetry, workload isolation and management
- Solve unique, large-scale, highly complex cloud infrastructure problems
- Analyse and understand scalability and performance in the system and solve them
- Take ownership of product development and drive a vision for turning our product into a competitive advantage.
- Spec, Design, code, code review and test various product features independently
- Analyse and advocate for better technologies and approaches in cloud microservices and distributed systems development
What we're looking for
- Cloud native development experience with either AWS, GCP or Azure
- Strong hands-on Java experience developing production-level software
- Hands Experience with microservices development using Container technologies(Docker etc) and familiarity with Container Orchestration Platforms like Kubernetes
- Experience designing, building and operating large-scale scalable, multi-tenant, high performance distributed systems or web services is a plus
- Background in data processing, data warehouse, datalake, BI or analytics
- Understanding of distributed file systems such as S3 ADLS, or HDFS
- Effective communication skills to articulate, document and present solution plans to engineering, product management and other functions of the organization
- Mentor other team members for high quality and design
Bonus points if you have
- Hands-on dev experience in SaaS deployment models on one or more of AWS, GCP, Azure and other cloud platform
- Data warehouse design, database systems, and large-scale data processing solutions like Hadoop and Spark
What we value
At Dremio, we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to People, Thinking, and Action. Our Gnarlies (that's what we call our employees) communicate with clarity, drive accountability, and are respectful towards each other. We confront brutal facts and focus on results while operating with a sense of urgency and building a "flywheel". People who like to jump in and drive momentum will thrive in our #GnarlyLife.
Dremio is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other unlawful factor.
Dremio is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
Dremio has policies in place to protect the personal information that employees and applicants disclose to us. Please click here to review the privacy notice.