Senior QA Engineer
Be Part of Building the Future
Dremio is The Easy and Open Data Lakehouse, providing self-service analytics with data warehouse functionality and data lake flexibility across all of your data. Dremio increases agility with a revolutionary data-as-code approach that adopts Git concepts to enable data experimentation, version control, and governance. In addition, Dremio breaks down data silos by simplifying ingestion into the lakehouse, and also allowing queries directly on databases and data warehouses. All of this is available through a fully managed service that not only eliminates the need to maintain infrastructure and software, but also automatically optimizes the data in the lakehouse to maximize performance for every workload.
Founded in 2015, Dremio is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Investors include Cisco Investments, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, and Sapphire Ventures. For more information, visit www.dremio.com. Connect with Dremio on GitHub, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that really do change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
About the role
A Senior QA Engineer is responsible for leading and managing the quality assurance process within the Central QA team. Their roles include designing and implementing test strategies, creating test plans, coordinating testing efforts, and ensuring the overall quality of software products. They also mentor junior QA engineers, collaborate with cross-functional teams, and contribute to the continuous improvement of testing processes.
What you’ll be doing
- Deliver end to end quality and automation independently using agile methodologies
- Translate deep insight of architecture, product, specifications into a robust test plan covering all aspects of testing including functional, reliance, performance, load, scalability and security.
- Evaluate & apply the latest tools, techniques and research insights to drive improvements into a world-class data analytics engine
- Develop robust test automation that is reliable and maintainable and provides accurate assessment of product quality
- Integrate test automation scripts into build system for repeatable execution
- Collaborate with other engineering and customer success functions to simulate customer data and usage patterns to execute test runs, identify and fix customer issues and make sure that customers get highly reliable, reliant and optimized Dremio experience
- Analyze and reproduce customer issues in test environments.
- Actively participate in automation code reviews and design reviews to maintain exceptional quality and deepen your understanding of the system architecture and implementation
What we’re looking for
- B.Tech/M.Tech/Equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 8+ years of QA/automation engineering experience on large scale distributed systems
- Experience with database systems internals, query optimization, understanding and tuning query access plans, and query execution instrumentation.
- Proficiency in Java/Python and automation frameworks
- Hands on experience in integration of automation using CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Experience in planning and executing QA/Automation tasks to completion and taking ownership of quality during a set of sprints.
- Experience in designing, implementing, executing and analysing automated tests for complex, production system software.
- Hands on experience of working projects on AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of Kubernetes orchestration, including the deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.
- Understanding of distributed file systems like S3 or ADLS or HDFS and HIVE
- Hands on experience with various Backend/UI automation frameworks and tools
- Ability to create reusable components to automate repeatable, manual activities
What we value
At Dremio, we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to People, Thinking, and Action. Our Gnarlies (that's what we call our employees) communicate with clarity, drive accountability, and are respectful towards each other. We confront brutal facts and focus on results while operating with a sense of urgency and building a "flywheel". People who like to jump in and drive momentum will thrive in our #GnarlyLife.
Dremio is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other unlawful factor.
Dremio is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
Dremio has policies in place to protect the personal information that employees and applicants disclose to us. Please click here to review the privacy notice.