Senior Product Manager - SQL Query Engine
Be Part of Building the Future
Dremio is The Easy and Open Data Lakehouse, providing self-service analytics with data warehouse functionality and data lake flexibility across all of your data. Dremio increases agility with a revolutionary data-as-code approach that adopts Git concepts to enable data experimentation, version control, and governance. In addition, Dremio breaks down data silos by simplifying ingestion into the lakehouse, and also allowing queries directly on databases and data warehouses. All of this is available through a fully managed service that not only eliminates the need to maintain infrastructure and software, but also automatically optimizes the data in the lakehouse to maximize performance for every workload.
Founded in 2015, Dremio is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Investors include Cisco Investments, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, and Sapphire Ventures. For more information, visit www.dremio.com. Connect with Dremio on GitHub, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that really do change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
About the role
Dremio is the easy and open data lakehouse platform that makes it frictionless to build and manage data lakehouses and query them using lightning-fast SQL and best-in-class engines. Our customers love Dremio's SQL Query Engine (aka Sonar), our data lakehouse query service purpose-built for SQL, because it offers lightning-fast performance, complete SQL functionality, best-in-class integration with BI tools, and support for leading open table formats.
As a member of the Dremio Sonar product management team, you will have ownership over key projects in Sonar’s long-term product roadmap, feature definition, customer experience, pricing, positioning, and product launch. You should be customer focused, and enjoy engaging with all types of customers ranging from executives and Fortune 100 companies to developers at early stage start-ups. You should be a builder, comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, using data-driven decision making, and have a roll-up-your-sleeves, entrepreneurial spirit.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with Dremio’s customers to understand their needs and requirements
- Define product features and customer experience for Dremio Sonar
- Refine a long-term vision for Dremio and a roadmap to achieve these goals
- Manage clear product roadmaps and feature/enhancement backlogs
- Build shared consensus around your product vision and ideas with Dremio leadership
- Generate key business and product insights from quantitative and qualitative data
- Partner with engineering teams to dive deep into feature development and delivery
- Work with the UX team to define frictionless customer experiences
- Partner with the Dremio marketing and sales teams on GTM activities to grow adoption
- Evangelize new features and use cases in the market by presenting at meetups and conferences
What we’re looking for
- B.S. or M.S in Computer Science or in a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of work experience, including 5+ in product management roles
- Passion to help customers easily and effectively gain insights from their data
- Strong business and technical acumen. Can crisply define customers needs, make the right feature prioritization decisions, and think strategically about how to grow our business
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and be able to work independently and effectively in a results-oriented, efficient environment
- Strong track record of delivering products and ensuring customer success
- Experience bringing enterprise software and cloud products to market
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, marketing, technical field teams, and sales teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bonus points if you have
- Experience with databases, data warehouses, big data, or cloud technologies
- Proficient in SQL
What we offer
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Short term / long term disability and life insurance
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Flexible PTO
- 16 hours of volunteer time off
- 12 company paid holidays, including Juneteenth
- Remote work options
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Biannual swag surprise
**Certain benefits are only allowed to full-time Dremio employees and may not be the same across all locations.
The base salary range for this position is $154,545 to $209,091 per year. The base salary actually offered to a successful candidate will take into account various relevant and non-discriminatory business factors including, without limitation, the candidate’s geographic location, job-related experience, knowledge, and skills, and education, as well as internal equity considerations. A successful candidate may also be eligible to earn additional compensation including commissions and/or bonuses.
What we value
At Dremio, we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to People, Thinking, and Action. Our Gnarlies (that's what we call our employees) communicate with clarity, drive accountability, and are respectful towards each other. We confront brutal facts and focus on results while operating with a sense of urgency and building a "flywheel". People who like to jump in and drive momentum will thrive in our #GnarlyLife.
Dremio is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other unlawful factor.
Dremio is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
Dremio has policies in place to protect the personal information that employees and applicants disclose to us. Please click here to review the privacy notice.