Senior Corporate Legal Counsel
Be Part of Building the Future
Dremio is The Easy and Open Data Lakehouse, providing self-service analytics with data warehouse functionality and data lake flexibility across all of your data. Dremio increases agility with a revolutionary data-as-code approach that adopts Git concepts to enable data experimentation, version control, and governance. In addition, Dremio breaks down data silos by simplifying ingestion into the lakehouse, and also allowing queries directly on databases and data warehouses. All of this is available through a fully managed service that not only eliminates the need to maintain infrastructure and software, but also automatically optimizes the data in the lakehouse to maximize performance for every workload.
Founded in 2015, Dremio is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Investors include Cisco Investments, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, and Sapphire Ventures. For more information, visit www.dremio.com. Connect with Dremio on GitHub, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that really do change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
About the role
As Senior Corporate Legal Counsel you will be the first in seat for our internal legal team supporting Dremio’s business activities and working on diverse matters including the development of our business across multiple jurisdictions, commercial legal matters, and partner/business development legal matters. You’ll also provide general assistance with various legal matters on general corporate topics, IP and data privacy via leveraging external counsel. This is a critical and trusted leadership role as the strategic right-hand person to the exec staff on legal matters. You will also be expected to assist with procurement contract negotiations and be responsible for providing risk-adjusted advice on a broad range of projects and law matters as assigned. You will be agile, highly organized and have the skills, drive and flexibility to support and accelerate this leading technology company, addressing cutting-edge legal issues and organizational challenges.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the drafting, review, and negotiation of complex, non-standard agreements in support of the company’s go-to-market activities. This would include terms of service, end-user license agreements and other standard contracts.
- Build standardized agreements across all parts of our commercial business, including support, license, professional services, cloud subscriptions, and licensing.
- Support the commercial team’s efforts to prepare sales proposals and respond to RFPs
- Advise and help train various stakeholders on deal process and contract management
- Understand product, data security, and privacy process issues to to support negotiations
- Help with standardization of documentation across multiple jurisdictions
- As assigned, manage litigation matters to a successful resolution
- Partner with outside legal counsel to cost-effectively promote the company’s interests
- Stay aware of new laws and regulations that could have an impact on the company’s commercial business, both nationally and internationally
- Provide general legal support and help take care of many of the day-to-day legal requests
What we’re looking for
- Attorney with 10+ years of relevant experience post-qualification
- Relevant tech sector in-house legal experience
- Experience negotiating with customers/vendors/partners both nationally and internationally
- Understanding of cloud services, technology and professional services contracts
- High-level legal supportive documentation and drafting skills
- Experience supporting the litigation-related aspects of mergers, acquisitions, and strategic investments, including due diligence and related integration efforts
- Solid knowledge of business process gained in-house relating to commercial, contract, intellectual property, and data privacy law
- Experience managing workload in a high-pressure environment with competing demands
- Fluency translating legal advice into practical, risk-adjusted, business-oriented advice
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and efficiently building cross-functional relationships
- Desire and drive to be part of a fast growing disruptive scale-up in an ever evolving environment
- Be able to balance speed with perfection, understand actual legal risk vs perceived. Be a true business partner not a "no" person.
What we offer
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Short term / long term disability and life insurance
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Flexible PTO
- 16 hours of volunteer time off
- 12 company paid holidays, including Juneteenth
- Remote work options
- Monthly “Get Stuff Done” (GSD) Days
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Quarterly swag surprise
**Certain benefits are only allowed to full-time Dremio employees and may not be the same across all locations.
The compensation range for this position is $165,000 to $185,000 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. Depending on the position offered, the on target earnings (OTE) may include a bonus or commission.
What we value
At Dremio, we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to People, Thinking, and Action. Our Gnarlies (that's what we call our employees) communicate with clarity, drive accountability, and are respectful towards each other. We confront brutal facts and focus on results while operating with a sense of urgency and building a "flywheel". People who like to jump in and drive momentum will thrive in our #GnarlyLife.
Dremio is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other unlawful factor.
Dremio is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
Dremio has policies in place to protect the personal information that employees and applicants disclose to us. Please click here to review the privacy notice.