Technical Evangelist - US West
Be Part of Building the Future
Dremio is The Easy and Open Data Lakehouse, providing self-service analytics with data warehouse functionality and data lake flexibility across all of your data. Dremio increases agility with a revolutionary data-as-code approach that adopts Git concepts to enable data experimentation, version control, and governance. In addition, Dremio breaks down data silos by simplifying ingestion into the lakehouse, and also allowing queries directly on databases and data warehouses. All of this is available through a fully managed service that not only eliminates the need to maintain infrastructure and software, but also automatically optimizes the data in the lakehouse to maximize performance for every workload.
Founded in 2015, Dremio is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Investors include Cisco Investments, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, and Sapphire Ventures. For more information, visit www.dremio.com. Connect with Dremio on GitHub, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that really do change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
About the role
As the Dremio Evangelist for US West, you will be instrumental in promoting Dremio’s data analytics platform and driving adoption within the market. Collaborating closely with sales, marketing, and customer success teams, you will serve as the face of Dremio, fostering engagement and championing our innovative solutions.
- Community Engagement: Build and foster a vibrant community of data enthusiasts, fostering engagement and collaboration around Dremio’s platform within US West.
- Evangelism and Thought Leadership: Be the primary spokesperson for Dremio in the western region of the US, representing the company at industry events, conferences, and webinars. Contribute thought leadership content to enhance Dremio’s industry presence.
- Content Creation: Continuously build content that helps data engineers succeed in their roles by using Dremio or Dremio Partner technology.
- Customer Advocacy: Advocate for Dremio’s platform to potential and existing customers. Conduct compelling product demonstrations, showcasing the unique features and benefits of Dremio.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and implement programs that focus on educating the community, onboarding new users, and accelerating feature adoption and usage.
- Lead a diverse team with a common goal of driving Dremio’s presence and adoption in US West.
- Develop a comprehensive growth strategy tailored to the US West market, boosting customer acquisition and engagement.
- Take a customer-centric approach to understand specific challenges and desired experiences within the US West market and create content that helps data engineers succeed and deliver value with Dremio.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on key marketing metrics in the US West region, providing insights and recommendations to improve marketing effectiveness.
- Expand the Dremio Community in the US West region.
What we’re looking for
- Minimum of 3+ years proven experience in a customer-facing evangelist role, preferably within the western region of the US.
- Deep understanding of the data analytics landscape and industry trends specific to US West.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to engage diverse audiences.
- Technical proficiency with data analytics tools and platforms.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Proven track record of driving customer success and adoption of data analytics solutions in the western region of the US.
- An innovative thinker with a passion for staying ahead of industry trends.
- A collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
What we offer
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Short term / long term disability and life insurance
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Flexible PTO
- 16 hours of volunteer time off
- 12 company paid holidays, including Juneteenth
- Remote work options
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Biannual swag surprise
**Certain benefits are only allowed to full-time Dremio employees and may not be the same across all locations. #LI-Remote #LI-JW1
The base salary range for this position is $80,000 to $140,000 per year. The base salary actually offered to a successful candidate will take into account various relevant and non-discriminatory business factors including, without limitation, the candidate’s geographic location, job-related experience, knowledge, and skills, and education, as well as internal equity considerations. A successful candidate may also be eligible to earn additional compensation including commissions and/or bonuses.
Return to Office Philosophy
Workplace Wednesdays - to break down silos, build relationships and improve cross-team communication, Gnarlies who live within a 1-hour commuting distance (one-way) to a Dremio office come to the office. Lunch catering / meal credits provided in the office and local socials align to Workplace Wednesdays.
In general, Dremio will remain a hybrid work environment. We will not be implementing a 100% (5 days a week) return to office policy for all roles.
What we value
At Dremio, we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to People, Thinking, and Action. Our Gnarlies (that's what we call our employees) communicate with clarity, drive accountability, and are respectful towards each other. We confront brutal facts and focus on results while operating with a sense of urgency and building a "flywheel". People who like to jump in and drive momentum will thrive in our #GnarlyLife.
Dremio is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other unlawful factor.
Dremio is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
Dremio has policies in place to protect the personal information that employees and applicants disclose to us. Please click here to review the privacy notice.