Senior Engineering Manager
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Who we are:
We are a brilliant team making our own history to evolve the ecommerce industry. Our mission is to accelerate the gross merchandise value of the internet by ending the pain of replatforming. Our products are centered around optimizing the digital commerce experience so everyone has the opportunity to shop seamlessly. We provide them with the last platform they will ever need.
Your next career move should be bold and we have the experience you are seeking. We build and ship products & solutions that enable merchants to compete and deliver a world class differentiated shopping experience online.
Are you a disruptor? We want your ideas, skills, and expertise to help build our products that will make customers happier when they shop online and we want to build these tools in such a way that any merchant can deploy these experiences painlessly and quickly, The best part? Every bit of your work at fabric will help scale the business of our customers.
No matter what field you are in, fabric has exciting opportunities for people who are passionate about making a difference and skilled at what they do!
Here are four questions you should ask yourself:
- Do I believe in fabric's mission?
- Am I eager to build cool things?
- Am I excited to collaborate with brilliant people?
- Am I motivated to disrupt e-commerce?
If the answer is yes, we want to talk to you!
We are looking for an experienced Senior Engineering Manager to lead our Platform Infrastructure & Architecture team. This individual will be responsible for the development and maintenance of our core platform infrastructure, while also driving the architectural vision and strategy for our technology stack. The role requires a strategic thinker with strong technical skills, a deep understanding of cloud infrastructure, software architecture, and a passion for managing and developing teams.
- Lead the team of Cloud Architects, DevOps Engineers, Site Reliability Engineer, Database Administrator responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of our platform infrastructure and architecture.
- Drive strategic planning and design sessions with Engineering, Product Management, Delivery, Marketing, and other stakeholders to create scalable, reliable, and efficient systems.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement and technical innovation, ensuring that the latest techniques and tools are evaluated and incorporated as appropriate.
- Evaluate and initiate strategic external partnerships that will accelerate growth of the business.
- Develop and manage the technology roadmap in alignment with business objectives and strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to understand their needs and ensure our platform infrastructure is robust and flexible to support these requirements.
- Oversee the troubleshooting of complex infrastructure issues and ensure system stability, scalability, and performance.
- Manage, mentor, and develop a high-performing team of engineers, setting clear expectations, defining career development paths, and conducting regular performance evaluations.
- Develop and manage the budget for Engineering and ensure cost-effective use of resources.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- A Master's degree is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in software development with the last 3-4 years in an engineering management role, with a focus on platform architecture and infrastructure, preferably in a high-growth e-commerce technology company.
- Proven experience managing and growing high-performing engineering teams.
- Strong knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure (preferably in AWS), distributed systems, and microservices architecture.
- Demonstrated experience in system design and scaling complex architectures.
- Proficiency in several programming languages and strong understanding of software development principles and Agile methodologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with an ability to handle complex technical concepts and make decisions under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- Proactive mindset and a strong sense of ownership.
This role will receive a competitive salary, along with a variable compensation, equity and benefits. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone's compensation - including a candidates professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base salary for this role will be between USD 145k - 185k.
What we bring to the table:
- Competitive compensation packages
- PTO and Holiday plans
- Benefits packages which include Medical, Dental, Life, and Vision
- Wellness & Technology Programs
- 401k Program
- Fast-paced, fun and collaborative environment
- A team invested in you both personally and professionally
*fabric is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
fabric requires all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work in-person in our offices and externally with any third-parties, unless the employee requests and is granted an accommodation. Questions about this requirement should be addressed to fabric’s People team.
See more open positions at Fabric
Something looks off?