Technical Writer II
Marketing & Communications, IT
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
Who we are:
We are a brilliant team making our own history to evolve the ecommerce industry. Our mission is to accelerate the gross merchandise value of the internet by ending the pain of replatforming. Our products are centered around optimizing the digital commerce experience so everyone has the opportunity to shop seamlessly. We provide them with the last platform they will ever need.
Your next career move should be bold and we have the experience you are seeking. We build and ship products & solutions that enable merchants to compete and deliver a world class differentiated shopping experience online.
Are you a disruptor? We want your ideas, skills, and expertise to help build our products that will make customers happier when they shop online and we want to build these tools in such a way that any merchant can deploy these experiences painlessly and quickly, The best part? Every bit of your work at fabric will help scale the business of our customers.
No matter what field you are in, fabric has exciting opportunities for people who are passionate about making a difference and skilled at what they do!
Here are four questions you should ask yourself:
- Do I believe in fabric's mission?
- Am I eager to build cool things?
- Am I excited to collaborate with brilliant people?
- Am I motivated to disrupt e-commerce?
If the answer is yes, we want to talk to you!
Where we hire:
This role can be located in Ontario or British Columbia.
Your next career:
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to join our team as a Technical Writer II. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in advancing our documentation efforts for complex projects, acting as the driving force behind the creation of user-centric content. You will lead the planning of documentation strategies through to conducting in-depth interviews that provide comprehensive insights into the subjects at hand.
As a Technical Writer II you'll be translating complex concepts into clear, understandable language. Your excellent prioritization skills will enable you to manage multiple projects effectively, ensuring top-quality documentation is delivered in a timely manner. Collaborative by nature, you'll work closely with various teams to ensure the information you convey is not only informative but also creative, elevating the overall quality of our documentation. If you're ready to make a significant impact and become a vital contributor to our team's success, we invite you to apply and be part of our mission to deliver exceptional documentation.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and cross-functional teams to clarify documentation needs, requirements, and assignments.
- Actively participate in sprint ceremonies within the Product Development process, helping to define documentation specifications for user stories.
- Conduct interviews with developers and subject matter experts to gather essential data for documentation.
- Conceptualize, structure, and create documentation tailored to various user personas, including developer documentation, API documentation, user guides, how-to guides, and development and deployment guides.
- Work independently and efficiently manage documentation projects across concurrent releases.
- Take ownership of documenting multiple domains, identifying documentation improvement opportunities and gaps, and aligning content with organizational style and standards.
- Provide meticulous copy editing, technical editing, and proofreading services for internal teams, ensuring impeccable style, grammar, syntax, and content organization/consistency.
- Publish documentation in alignment with feature releases, following the release cycle, to ensure timely availability of documentation to users.
- Collaborate closely with the enablement and product marketing team to create and release complementary content to enhance the user experience.
What you bring to the table:
- A degree in Computer Science, English, Technical Writing, or a related field.
- 8-12 years of professional experience in technical communications.
- Proficiency in Agile development environments, including previous exposure to Agile and Continuous Delivery methodologies, demonstrating the ability to work seamlessly within these frameworks.
- Proven track record in project management, ensuring efficient handling of multiple projects concurrently under tight deadlines.
- Strong capability in end-to-end documentation, encompassing both API and User documentation for SaaS solutions..
- Exceptional ability to simplify complex technical concepts into clear and concise language.
Meticulous attention to detail and precision, guaranteeing the highest quality in documentation.
- Outstanding organizational skills, enabling effective prioritization and management of multiple projects and issues.
- Proactive and effective communication with colleagues, ensuring seamless collaboration.
- Creative aptitude in selecting the most suitable medium to convey information.
- Proficiency in structured authoring techniques for efficient content creation.
- Expertise in user persona analysis to tailor documentation for specific audiences.
- Demonstrated success in mentoring and training junior team members.
- Bonus points for prior experience in the e-commerce industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
The base salary for this role will be between CAD 73k to CAD 97k.
What we bring to the table:
- Competitive compensation packages
- PTO and Holiday plans
- Benefits packages which include Medical, Dental, Life, and Vision
- Wellness & Technology Programs
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Fast-paced, fun and collaborative environment
- A team invested in you both personally and professionally
fabric requires all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work in-person in our offices and externally with any third-parties, unless the employee requests and is granted an accommodation. Questions about this requirement should be addressed to fabric’s People team.