Software Engineer - Backend
Fixie is using AI to rethink how the world builds software systems. We envision a future of software systems comprised of AI-powered agents that interact with humans, and each other, using natural language.
We are developing the first enterprise platform for building applications using Large Language Models, such as GPT-3. Using the Fixie platform, developers can harness the power of LLMs to interface to a wide range of data sources, APIs, external systems, and tools, enabling an entirely new way to build software. Fixie extends the capabilities of systems like ChatGPT with arbitrary connections to the outside world.
We are looking for Founding Backend Engineers to join our team. You will be responsible for a wide range of tasks:
- Developing and improving our backend platform, which is implemented primarily in Python, running on Django and Google Cloud.
- Contributing to improving our infrastructure robustness and scalability.
- Building interfaces between Large Language Models and external systems and APIs.
- Optimizing the performance, robustness, and cost efficiency of our platform.
- Developing new platform capabilities to support our customers.
We're based in Seattle.
You should be:
- An incredibly strong coder with a track record of contributions to cloud-based products and systems.
- Highly skilled in tools such as Python, Django, Google Cloud, and Docker.
- Frontend / full-stack development experience is a plus.
- Able to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- A great communicator and team player.
No experience with AI or Large Language Models is expected; this is a great opportunity to dive in and learn this field!