Director of Business Development
Flexe solves the hardest omnichannel logistics problems for the world’s largest retailers and brands. Integrating technology, open logistics networks, and elastic economic models allows Flexe customers to move fast, at scale, and with precision. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Seattle, Flexe brings deep logistics expertise and enterprise-grade technology to deliver innovative eCommerce fulfillment, retail distribution, same-day delivery, and network capacity programs to the Fortune 500. Flexe is transforming the $1.6T logistics industry.
Director of Business Development
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Director of Business Development to join our rapidly growing startup. The successful candidate will be responsible for generating new business opportunities and driving revenue growth for our organization. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, communicate effectively, think strategically, and possess excellent interpersonal skills. In this role, you will collaborate with our market development team, account management team, and executive leadership to develop and execute on our growth strategy.
What you'll do:
- Develop and deliver on new client and revenue targets.
- Engage clients with a consultative approach. Sell to Flexe’s Top 1,000 accounts in the large enterprise space (customer revenues >$1B).
- Build customer buying committees involving multiple stakeholders.
- Drive solution concept, design, and vision, and relay that vision to both the client and our organization.
- Develop strategies and tactics to engage prospective clients, identify decision-makers and stakeholders, and build trusted relationships.
- Generate new accounts and opportunities, build sales plans, and foster a team environment to win.
- Partner with Flexe’s sales enablement & market development team to continually refine our target account definitions.
- Deliver effective presentations and communicate effectively across teams.
- Work cross-functionally with Pricing, Legal, Solutions, and other Revenue Support groups to ensure customer success.
- Become a trusted internal “voice of the customer” for our product and solutions teams.
Does this sound like you:
- Minimum 7+ years of demonstrated successful Enterprise sales experience at either a large contract logistics company or tech/SaaS company; verifiable track record of exceeding expectations.
- Excellent consultative and interpersonal skills that have resulted in business relationships of impeccable trust, confidence, and results, leading relationship-building activities with C-Level executives at F1000 Companies.
- Ability to credibly interface with senior client personnel at both the tactical/operational level and the strategic level.
- Proven success developing and closing new business.
- Familiarity with web-based software products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% as needed.
- Past experience in a tech startup environment is a plus!
The Director of Business Development will have an excellent opportunity to leverage their industry experience and ignite their career by joining our rapidly growing startup. If you are a highly motivated, results-oriented individual who thrives in ambiguous situations and enjoys challenging the status quo, we encourage you to apply.
The salary range for this role is $140,000 to $147,000 depending, in part, on candidate location. Recruiting will confirm the specific range for the candidate location in the initial phone screen. All employees receive company equity as part of their compensation package. This role is eligible for a commission. The target commission for the role is 86% based on achievement against specific metrics.
Our benefits package at Flexe is thoughtfully designed to help our employees lead healthy lives inside and outside of work.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with employer match
- 4 weeks of paid time off, an additional 13 paid company holidays (10 standard holidays, 2 floating holidays and -your birthday!)
- 2 days of volunteer PTO
- 12 weeks of company-paid parental leave
- Fully remote, in-office, or hybrid work environment
- $300 home office stipend and monthly home internet reimbursement
- Employee support groups, social groups, and mentorship program
- Employee-driven programs for volunteering
- Manager development program and resources
- Access to free LinkedIn Learning courses
Flexe participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
Flexe is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Seattle, Flexe solves the hardest omnichannel logistics problems for the world’s largest retailers and brands. Integrating technology, open logistics networks, and elastic economic models allow Flexe customers to move fast, at scale, and with precision.
Something looks off?