Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
Flexe solves the hardest omnichannel logistics problems for the world’s largest retailers and brands. Integrating technology, open logistics networks, and elastic economic models allows Flexe customers to move fast, at scale, and with precision. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Seattle, Flexe brings deep logistics expertise and enterprise-grade technology to deliver innovative eCommerce fulfillment, retail distribution, same-day delivery, and network capacity programs to the Fortune 500. Flexe is transforming the $1.6T logistics industry.
The Flexe Analytics team is looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to join the Flexe team to build the data foundation that enables the organization to generate the data insights needed to inform decisions. Reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure Engineering, this role will strive to improve the productivity and effectiveness of our internal teams, external customers, and warehouse partners. The ideal candidate has exceptional technical, analytical, and communication skills. Candidates should possess a natural curiosity for technology and a drive to build out our Business Intelligence platform.
What you’ll do:
- Building out the data foundation for scalable analytics is the heart of this role. You will be responsible for implementing data systems, building data models, and curating data sources that impact the growth of our analytics capabilities.
- Obtain data from a variety of data sources using a variety of tools and store them in our centralized data store (Google BigQuery and other aspects of Google Cloud Platform). This includes verifying the accuracy and quality of data, performing routine data cleansing, transforming data into usable forms, and setting up and maintaining data loads at regular cadence per Service Level Agreements into an integrated data store.
- Create and maintain a set of curated enterprise product data in the integrated data store for use by Data Science & Analytics, Operations, Finance, Sales, and other downstream data users.
- Collaborate closely with internal data users/stakeholders to deliver your products and ensure usability of the data sources you create and maintain.
- Proactively identify long-term problems and areas of technical opportunity, then design, develop and deliver scalable and repeatable solutions.
- Collaborate with members of the Data Science & Analytics team to answer business questions and fulfill analytics requests from internal and external customers.
- Break down complex, strategic projects so they can be worked by multiple Business Intelligence Engineers and analysts, then delivered in a cohesive launch.
- Actively mentor teammates and peer-review work for accuracy, scalability, and best practices.
You should have:
- 8+ years of related experience and a bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years of related experience and a master’s degree.
- Prefer degrees in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or related experience.
- Experience in data ingestion, cleansing, transformation, and loading.
- Knowledge of best practice in building data marts and data visualization.
- Proven ability to manage your workload, organize and prioritize tasks, and clearly communicate status.
- Strong relational database background with hands-on experience building reports and dashboards. Preferred tool set: SQL, Looker/Tableau, Jira, Confluence, Python, Git and other Business Intelligence tools.
- Familiarity with Cloud Platform (Data, Services, Scheduler, Pub/Sub, etc.)
- Advanced expertise using industry standard data management languages (SQL, Python, R, open-source technologies, etc)
- Must be authorized to work in the US. We will not be sponsoring visas for this role at this time.
The salary range for this role is $138,200 to $161,200 depending, in part, on candidate location. Recruiting will confirm the specific range for the candidate location in the initial phone screen. All employees receive company equity as part of their compensation package. As part of our pay for performance based pay program, this role is eligible to potentially receive merit bonuses of up to 15% of base salary foe exceeding expectations.
Our benefits package at Flexe is thoughtfully designed to help our employees lead healthy lives inside and outside of work.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with employer match
- 4 weeks of paid time off, an additional 13 paid company holidays (10 standard holidays, 2 floating holidays and -your birthday!)
- 2 days of volunteer PTO
- 12 weeks of company-paid parental leave
- Fully remote, in-office, or hybrid work environment
- $300 home office stipend and monthly home internet reimbursement
- Employee support groups, social groups, and mentorship program
- Employee-driven programs for volunteering
- Manager development program and resources
- Access to free LinkedIn Learning courses
Flexe participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
Flexe is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Seattle, Flexe solves the hardest omnichannel logistics problems for the world’s largest retailers and brands. Integrating technology, open logistics networks, and elastic economic models allow Flexe customers to move fast, at scale, and with precision.