Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Flexe solves the hardest omnichannel logistics problems for the world’s largest retailers and brands. Integrating technology, open logistics networks, and elastic economic models allows Flexe customers to move fast, at scale, and with precision. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Seattle, Flexe brings deep logistics expertise and enterprise-grade technology to deliver innovative eCommerce fulfillment, retail distribution, same-day delivery, and network capacity programs to the Fortune 500. Flexe is transforming the $1.6T logistics industry.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will join an infrastructure team that's passionate about solving real world problems and values individual growth. Here at Flexe, we promote developer autonomy and empower engineering teams to own a piece of the customer experience. Our goal is to build innovative, world-class technology that will disrupt the supply chain industry.
What you’ll Do:
- Evolving technology that is at the heart of our business. You are responsible for architecting and implementing systems that will impact our customers directly.
- Delivering value from conception to release. You will work directly with customers and partners to design, implement, and deliver large scale technical projects.
- Facilitate personal and team growth. You will work with engineering leadership to establish goals for your own individual growth. Combined with mentoring and supporting other engineers, you will directly contribute to scaling out our organization.
- Value a healthy and productive culture. You will work in an environment that values ambitious but sustainable growth. We believe that the best page is the one that you never receive while on call. We encourage design and investment in resilient systems in order to minimize support burden.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of commercial Software Development / Site Reliability / DevOps experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience with software engineering in both scripted and compiled languages.
- Proven track record empowering other engineers and maintaining infrastructure as code.
- Experience with at least one Cloud Platform provider including, but not limited to: Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with monitoring, log management, and CI/CD tools for distributed systems.
- Experience with or a desire to learn technologies such as Kubernetes, Istio, and Terraform while delivering risk and cost balanced solutions.
What you enjoy doing:
- Understanding the full software stack from user-facing components to specific hardware aspects (e.g. networking, memory-management, performance analysis).
- Deep-diving through codebases (internal and open source) to support root cause analysis and identification of software defects.
- Working with engineering teams and advocating for better reliability and scale.
- Solving unexpected problems. Unafraid of fixing code bugs, contributing fixes upstream, and building new scripts/tooling to enhance functionality.
The salary range for this role is $176,000 to $205,300 depending, in part, on candidate location. Recruiting will confirm the specific range for the candidate location in the initial phone screen. All employees receive company equity as part of their compensation package. As part of our pay for performance based pay program, this role is eligible to potentially receive merit bonuses of up to 15% of base salary for exceeding expectations.
Our benefits package at Flexe is thoughtfully designed to help our employees lead healthy lives inside and outside of work.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Flexible Time Off: FTO allows you to take time off with pay for vacation, sick days, or other personal reasons plus 10 standard holidays.
- 2 days of volunteer PTO
- 12 weeks of company-paid parental leave
- Fully remote, in-office, or hybrid work environment
- $300 home office stipend and monthly home internet reimbursement
- Employee support groups, social groups, and mentorship program
- Employee-driven programs for volunteering
- Manager development program and resources
- Access to free LinkedIn Learning courses
Flexe participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
Flexe is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Seattle, Flexe solves the hardest omnichannel logistics problems for the world’s largest retailers and brands. Integrating technology, open logistics networks, and elastic economic models allow Flexe customers to move fast, at scale, and with precision.