Business Development Representative (Sydney, Australia)
Sales & Business Development
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2023
Our tech company is seeking motivated individuals to join our Business Development Representative (BDR) team in Sydney. We are looking for individuals who are determined to succeed and are driven by team wins and sales commissions. Our solution is targeted at those responsible for the finance and accounting functions within organizations of all types and sizes. We call on folks with titles such as Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Controller, Corporate Controller, VP Finance, Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor, Senior Accountant, etc.
*Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time
What You'll Do:
- Develop and maintain an effective level of understanding of the problems our clients face and the way FloQast helps solve them
- Utilize all available means to create robust and effective prospecting lists (including internet sources, social media, referrals, and inbound leads)
- Meet or exceed daily/weekly activity targets for Sales Activities including, conversations with key influencers and decision makers via outbound efforts (phone, email, and social media), Scheduling and conducting introductory qualifying calls, and Converting qualified prospects to scheduled demos for our Account Executives
- Document activities in sales force automation systems
- Effectively communicate with other stakeholders, including supported Account Executives, marketing team and sales management
What You'll Bring:
- 2+ years in a customer facing role OR prior audit/accounting experience or related field with the interest of starting your career in sales
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn new concepts
- Eager to be coached
- Commitment to self-improvement and success
- Team player with a collaborative orientation
- Ability to remain organized and execute in a fast-paced environment
- Tenacious and committed to exceeding targets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive, ambitious and driven, with a self-starter attitude
- Cold calling and/or Salesforce.com experience a plus but not required
- CA eligible or Audit experience
Joining our ANZ team means you'll enjoy an attractive compensation package that includes stock options. We take pride in fostering a vibrant and inclusive work environment where authenticity is celebrated. As part of our commitment to your well-being, we offer a benefits package, which includes a pension scheme, family forming assistance, a health benefit stipend, 20 days of paid annual leave (in addition to bank holidays), company-paid parental leave and quarterly mental wellness days to promote a healthy work-life balance. We support your professional growth through professional membership reimbursement.
Our conveniently located office in the central business district provides easy access to a wealth of amenities, and we regularly organize both local and virtual team social events to keep you connected with our global colleagues.
About FloQast www.floqast.com
FloQast is the leader in accounting workflow automation created by accountants for accountants. By automating and modernizing everyday accounting workflows, FloQast enables accountants to work better together and perform their tasks with greater efficiency and accuracy. The cloud-based, AI-enhanced software is trusted by more than 2,500 accounting teams, including those at Snowflake, Entain, Instacart, Zoom, and The Golden State Warriors - and still growing! We aspire to forever elevate accounting and improve both the practice and perceptions of the profession.
Our values serve as a compass that guides our decisions and are considered non-negotiable, especially when it comes to hiring. Together with our employees, partners, and customers, we live these values every day.
Ambitious with Integrity
Empowered to Grow
Committed to Collaboration
Customer Obsessed in All Ways
Here’s Why You Should Apply:
Competitive Compensation & Stock Options
FloQast is regularly rated as a Best Place to Work!- Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces in 2023, 2022, and 2021- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women 2023
Professional Growth & Community - We believe community extends through and beyond the office. We have Employee Resource Groups, community volunteer opportunities, social events, DEI initiatives, and reimbursements for professional development relevant to your role.
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal-opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.