Director, Expansion Sales
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
The Director, Expansion Sales will be leading FloQast’s high growth Expansion Sales team, focusing on expansion and renewal opportunities. This person will be responsible for leading multiple sales teams and Managers and applying an understanding of FloQast’s products, sales methodology, processes, and prospecting techniques to their team and FloQast customers. This is a highly visible and collaborative role, working with Leadership within Customer Success, Product, and Sales. It is a high growth opportunity to accelerate this division with operational excellence and execution.
*Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time
What You’ll Do:
- Directly oversee and drive a team of managers/sales teams focused on expanding, cross sell, upsell and renewals of our existing customer base
- Take this revenue producing department to the next level to match our exponential company growth
- Lead all aspects of the team and team members’ success including: 1) Achieving assigned net revenue retention growth, sales expansion, and cross sell/upsell targets with new and existing products 2) Recruitment/Hiring and Retention 3) Compensation/Recognition planning and execution 4) Training and Development 5) Strong metrics management and business planning execution
- Ensure consistency of best practices across the entire team, operationally and via the sales process
- Utilize SFDC to manage all aspects of the teams’ activities, opportunity discovery, opportunity management and accurate forecasting via SFDC and Clari
- Create a team of transparency and execution by consistently driving and reporting on performance and KPI’s
- Develop and maintain a deep level of understanding of the problems our clients face with effectively closing their books and the way in which FloQast helps solve these challenges
- Pursue and increase knowledge of key competitors to ensure that our value proposition is effectively communicated to customers
- Achieve or exceed monthly and quarterly targets
- Ability to accurately forecast the business and renewal rates on a consistent basis
- On-going coaching and career development with Managers and team members
Other Details and Duties:
- Conduct weekly 1:1 meetings with team members to review performance, listen to calls, provide coaching and direction on ways to improve and succeed
- Conduct weekly team meetings to build momentum and motivation amongst the team and share pertinent information on progress toward team goals
- Ability to provide an accurate and timely forecast on a weekly basis
- Utilize and maximize use of critical sales technologies
- Set, track and manage team KPIs
- Adopt and coach to Sandler sales methodology
- Provide weekly summary reporting to Sales Executives
What You’ll Bring:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience preferred
- 5+ years of demonstrated successful B2B saas software sales, cross sell, upsell and renewals required
- 4+ years of demonstrated success managing sales managers in the sales, cross sell, renewals environment, with a hands on approach
- Proven track record of building and growing expansion sales from $10M-$100M
- Effective at building Operational efficiencies in renewals and expansion sales
- Strong knowledge of marketing campaigns for growth within the customer base
- Close working collaboration with Sales, CS and Marketing
- FloQast, Close Management Software or Accounting knowledge highly desired
- Experience using a consultative, solution based sales methodology desired
- Excellent written and verbal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively via telephone and email with customers
- Ability and resilience to work in a fast paced sales environment with a proven history of meeting or exceeding monthly and quarterly targets
- Ability to develop trusted relationships with clients and internal teams- heavy cross collaboration
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and online collaboration tools
- Experience with CRM and opportunity management systems, preferably Salesforce.com and Outreach
- High level of Leadership, professionalism and work ethic
The base pay range for this position is $140,000 - $180,000. This position is eligible for a commission plan in addition to base pay. Compensation is not limited to base salary. FloQast values our Total Rewards, and offers a competitive and elaborate Benefits Package including, but not limited to, Medical, Dental, Vision, Family Forming benefits, Life & Disability Insurance, Unlimited Vacation, and participation in our Employee Stock Program. FloQast reserves the right to amend, change, alter, and revise pay ranges and benefits offerings at any time. All applicants acknowledge that by applying to this position you understand that this specific pay range is contingent upon meeting the qualifications and requirements of the role, and for the successful completion of the interview selection and process. It is at the Company's discretion to determine what pay is provided to a candidate within the range associated with the role.
About FloQast www.floqast.com
FloQast is the leader in accounting workflow automation created by accountants for accountants. By automating and modernizing everyday accounting workflows, FloQast enables accountants to work better together and perform their tasks with greater efficiency and accuracy. The cloud-based, AI-enhanced software is trusted by more than 2,000 accounting teams, including those at Snowflake, Kodiak, Instacart, Zoom, and The Golden State Warriors - and still growing! We aspire to forever elevate accounting and improve both the practice and perceptions of the profession.
Our values serve as a compass that guides our decisions and are considered non-negotiable, especially when it comes to hiring. Together with our employees, partners, and customers, we live these values every day.
Ambitious with Integrity
Empowered to Grow
Committed to Collaboration
Customer Obsessed in All Ways
Here’s Why You Should Apply:
Amazing Benefits - FloQast pays 100% of the premium for employees and families for most Medical, Dental, & Vision plans.
Competitive Compensation & Stock Options
FloQast is regularly rated as a Best Place to Work!
- Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces in 2023, 2022, and 2021
- Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal since 2017 (that’s 6 years!)
- Built In’s Best Place to Work in Los Angeles 4 years in a row!
Professional Growth & Community - We believe community extends through and beyond the office. We have Employee Resource Groups, community volunteer opportunities, social events, DEI initiatives, and reimbursements for professional development relevant to your role.
Work-Life Balance - We have unlimited PTO along with a generous parental leave policy. To top it off, we have Mental Health Days, where the company closes to allow employees to unplug, relax, and recharge (we know Zoom fatigue is a real thing!)
Employee Choice Policy - Employees can work from home and also have the option to work in a FloQast office or maintain a hybrid work schedule.
Our customers love us! See for yourself on G2 Crowd.
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.