Sales Engineer, ANZ
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2023
Leveraging their operational & technical industry or public accounting background, this individual will empower the FloQast direct sales team by acting as a liaison to help address accounting-specific questions, scenarios or other elements during the sales cycle in order to maximize revenue and drive rep development.
What You'll Do:
- Join various remote & on-site demonstration meetings with sales reps to help answer technical/operational accounting questions.
- Elevate sales team’s accounting knowledge to better understand & cater to prospect needs.
- Continuously coach direct sales team members on effective strategy, positioning & objection handling methods.
- Lead various internal training sessions to enhance accounting knowledge.
- Leverage statistical analysis of each stage within the sales cycle to place additional emphasis on areas of need.
- Coordinate with product, support & setup team(s) to understand roadmap developments, standard support inquiries with respect to cloud storage partners & act as a liaison between direct sales & setup team to ensure a smooth implementation.
- Effectively communicate intangible or cultural impact experienced by sales reps on the floor.
- Significantly improve overall email etiquette (connotation vs. denotation).
- Provide a deeper understanding to direct sales team as to why current clients have purchased FloQast (experience, stories, etc.)
- Assist partnership/consulting team in running demonstrations for PE and/or CPA firms.
- Assist Customer Success team by joining calls with current clients to address accounting-related questions or App questions.
- Design and develop training content to further enhance direct sales team knowledge.
- A detailed understanding of the current competitive landscape to act as a subject matter expert to direct sales & partnership teams when outlining differences between FloQast and others in the marketplace.
- Revise & organize IT / sales collateral necessary for direct sales team.
- Increase individual sales rep close rates.
- Assist in technical or IT evaluations regarding the FloQast application.
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum 3-5 years industry accounting experience, with consistent involvement across a variety of functional areas in the month-end close process.
- Team player with a collaborative orientation; must be comfortable in a high-velocity sales environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented to produce high quality results on a consistent basis.
- Self-starter with a high level of initiative and follow-through; views each scenario as an opportunity to improve the current process and strive towards further excellence.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and respond to rapidly changing demands.
- This is a hybrid position based in our Sydney office. Must be willing to travel to on-site client meetings. Frequency of such travel will vary due to customer seasonality, and as such, shall be mutually agreed upon.
- Prior user experience of either FloQast and/or BlackLine preferred
- Strongly preferred accounting systems implementation and/or user experience – e.g. Close Management Software, ERPs, Payroll Software, Expense Management Software, Cash Management Software, etc.
About FloQast www.floqast.com
FloQast is the leader in accounting workflow automation created by accountants for accountants. By automating and modernizing everyday accounting workflows, FloQast enables accountants to work better together and perform their tasks with greater efficiency and accuracy. The cloud-based, AI-enhanced software is trusted by more than 2,000 accounting teams, including those at Snowflake, Kodiak, Instacart, Zoom, and The Golden State Warriors - and still growing! We aspire to forever elevate accounting and improve both the practice and perceptions of the profession.
Our values serve as a compass that guides our decisions and are considered non-negotiable, especially when it comes to hiring. Together with our employees, partners, and customers, we live these values every day.
Ambitious with Integrity
Empowered to Grow
Committed to Collaboration
Customer Obsessed in All Ways
Here’s Why You Should Apply:
Amazing Benefits - FloQast pays 100% of the premium for employees and families for most Medical, Dental, & Vision plans.
Competitive Compensation & Stock Options
FloQast is regularly rated as a Best Place to Work!
- Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces in 2023, 2022, and 2021
- Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal since 2017 (that’s 6 years!)
- Built In’s Best Place to Work in Los Angeles 4 years in a row!
Professional Growth & Community - We believe community extends through and beyond the office. We have Employee Resource Groups, community volunteer opportunities, social events, DEI initiatives, and reimbursements for professional development relevant to your role.
Work-Life Balance - We have unlimited PTO along with a generous parental leave policy. To top it off, we have Mental Health Days, where the company closes to allow employees to unplug, relax, and recharge (we know Zoom fatigue is a real thing!)
Employee Choice Policy - Employees can work from home and also have the option to work in a FloQast office or maintain a hybrid work schedule.
Our customers love us! See for yourself on G2 Crowd.
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.