Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
The Senior Accountant will manage a set of accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies and external audits. This person will manage all accounting activities of FloQast’s international subsidiaries (UK, Australia and Germany at present).
The Senior Accountant will report to and work closely with the Assistant Controller and others in the organization in the analysis and reconciliation of accounts and in the development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures and controls.
The ideal candidate possesses leadership capabilities, solid operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results. This person is a self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
*Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time
What You'll Do:
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, preparing journal entries, preparing account reconciliations and report preparation
- Manage the day to day financial operations of the subsidiaries including, but not limited to AP (ensuring invoices are entered and paid timely), entering daily bank activity via JE or applying payments to open invoices and recording Fixed Assets, Prepaids, etc.
- Collaborate with and support the various operating teams in each foreign subsidiary
- Ensure compliance with all local regulatory requirements
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Have a firm grasp on the business activities of each subsidiary to ensure that foreign subsidiaries are sufficiently funded at all times
- Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
- Participate in strategic projects including implementation of new software
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies in a SOX environment
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of annual corporate tax returns and statutory account filings.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly VAT returns and other returns as may be required by each jurisdiction
- Work with internal accounting and finance personnel to ensure overall coordination of all financial accounting activities
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned
What You'll Bring:
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting
- 6-8 years of accounting experience. Experience supporting a global company.
- Strong Excel skills (proficiency with pivot tables, VLOOKUP, graphing, etc.)
- Familiarity with transfer pricing
- Systems knowledge: Coupa, Salesforce, Adaptive, NetSuite, Captivate, etc.
- Ability to influence and manage change and deal effectively with change management initiatives
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite
- Energetic, positive and enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills and collaborative orientation
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills with the ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and respond to rapidly changing demands and fulfill efficient follow ups
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)Impeccable work ethic and integrity with high ethical standards
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
Nice to Haves:
- Relevant accounting certification, including but not limited to CPA, ACA, ACCA, or CIMA
Our UK Employee Benefits and Perks:
You and your family are covered with 25 days paid annual leave (plus bank holidays), enhanced parental leave, family forming assistance, life assurance, dental insurance, income protection, private healthcare for you AND your family.
We also have additional incentivizing benefits like stock options, a pension plan, and some additional discounts towards activities that contribute to a healthy lifestyle.
Our office is located in Central London, where our FloQast teams enjoy a stock kitchen with tons of snacks and drinks. We also host virtual and face-to-face social events, both locally and on a global scale.
About FloQast www.floqast.com
FloQast is the leader in accounting workflow automation created by accountants for accountants. By automating and modernizing everyday accounting workflows, FloQast enables accountants to work better together and perform their tasks with greater efficiency and accuracy. The cloud-based, AI-enhanced software is trusted by more than 2,500 accounting teams, including those at Snowflake, Kodiak, Instacart, Zoom, and The Golden State Warriors - and still growing! We aspire to forever elevate accounting and improve both the practice and perceptions of the profession.
Our values serve as a compass that guides our decisions and are considered non-negotiable, especially when it comes to hiring. Together with our employees, partners, and customers, we live these values every day.
Ambitious with Integrity
Empowered to Grow
Committed to Collaboration
Customer Obsessed in All Ways
Here’s Why You Should Apply:
Amazing Benefits - FloQast pays 100% of the premium for employees and families for most Medical, Dental, & Vision plans.
Competitive Compensation & Stock Options
FloQast is regularly rated as a Best Place to Work!
- Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces in 2023, 2022, and 2021
- Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal since 2017 (that’s 6 years!)
- Built In’s Best Place to Work in Los Angeles 4 years in a row!
Professional Growth & Community - We believe community extends through and beyond the office. We have Employee Resource Groups, community volunteer opportunities, social events, DEI initiatives, and reimbursements for professional development relevant to your role.
Work-Life Balance - We have unlimited PTO along with a generous parental leave policy. To top it off, we have Mental Health Days, where the company closes to allow employees to unplug, relax, and recharge (we know Zoom fatigue is a real thing!)
Employee Choice Policy - Employees can work from home and also have the option to work in a FloQast office or maintain a hybrid work schedule.
Our customers love us! See for yourself on G2 Crowd.
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.