Billing and Collections Analyst
San Jose, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
As a Billing and Collections Analyst, your primary responsibility is to ensure the timely and accurate billing of customers and the collection of outstanding payments. You will play a crucial role in maintaining the financial health of the company by tracking and managing accounts receivable and ensuring DSO continues to be at an all time low. This position requires attention to detail, strong communication skills, and a commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
*Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time
**This position is required to be in the San Jose or Los Angeles offices on a hybrid schedule.
What You'll Do:
- Contact customers with overdue payments via phone, email, or mail.
- Work with Associate Sales Managers to negotiate payment arrangements and offer solutions to resolve outstanding balances.
- Keep detailed records of collection efforts and customer interactions.
- Ensure Automated Dunning procedures are up to date for each customer.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding invoices, billing discrepancies, and payment options in a professional and helpful manner.
- Provide excellent customer service to maintain positive customer relationships.
- Generate and send accurate and timely invoices to customers.
- Maintain a record of billing and payment activities.
- Maintain a record of customer billing preferences.
- Reconcile customer accounts and resolve discrepancies to ensure accurate financial records.
- Work with other departments, such as sales or customer service, to resolve billing disputes.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned to help the company meet its goals.
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ years proven experience in billing and collections roles.
- Proficiency with billing and accounting software (NetSuite ERP – ARM Module/ Dunning Module) and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to negotiate effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Customer-focused and committed to providing excellent service.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
The base pay range for this position is $65,000 - $85,000. Compensation is not limited to base salary. FloQast values our Total Rewards, and offers a competitive and elaborate Benefits Package including, but not limited to, Medical, Dental, Vision, Family Forming benefits, Life & Disability Insurance, Unlimited Vacation, and participation in our Employee Stock Program. FloQast reserves the right to amend, change, alter, and revise pay ranges and benefits offerings at any time. All applicants acknowledge that by applying to this position you understand that this specific pay range is contingent upon meeting the qualifications and requirements of the role, and for the successful completion of the interview selection and process. It is at the Company's discretion to determine what pay is provided to a candidate within the range associated with the role.
About FloQast www.floqast.com
FloQast is the leader in accounting workflow automation created by accountants for accountants. By automating and modernizing everyday accounting workflows, FloQast enables accountants to work better together and perform their tasks with greater efficiency and accuracy. The cloud-based, AI-enhanced software is trusted by more than 2,500 accounting teams, including those at Snowflake, Kodiak, Instacart, Zoom, and The Golden State Warriors - and still growing! We aspire to forever elevate accounting and improve both the practice and perceptions of the profession.
Our values serve as a compass that guides our decisions and are considered non-negotiable, especially when it comes to hiring. Together with our employees, partners, and customers, we live these values every day.
Ambitious with Integrity
Empowered to Grow
Committed to Collaboration
Customer Obsessed in All Ways
Here’s Why You Should Apply:
Amazing Benefits - FloQast pays 100% of the premium for employees and families for most Medical, Dental, & Vision plans.
Competitive Compensation & Stock Options
FloQast is regularly rated as a Best Place to Work!
- Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces in 2023, 2022, and 2021
- Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal since 2017 (that’s 6 years!)
- Built In’s Best Place to Work in Los Angeles 4 years in a row!
Professional Growth & Community - We believe community extends through and beyond the office. We have Employee Resource Groups, community volunteer opportunities, social events, DEI initiatives, and reimbursements for professional development relevant to your role.
Work-Life Balance - We have unlimited PTO along with a generous parental leave policy. To top it off, we have Mental Health Days, where the company closes to allow employees to unplug, relax, and recharge (we know Zoom fatigue is a real thing!)
Employee Choice Policy - Employees can work from home and also have the option to work in a FloQast office or maintain a hybrid work schedule.
Our customers love us! See for yourself on G2 Crowd.
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.