Accounting & Finance
New York, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
FloQast is seeking a talented and analytical Payroll Specialist to own our payroll function. You will act as an internal expert for FloQast's current HRIS (UKG Pro and Workforce Management Dimensions) and work with human resources to organize and optimize FloQast’s HR practices. This role will be responsible for the timely processing of the company's bi-monthly payroll as well as off-cycle payrolls and manual checks. The ideal candidate will ensure that FloQast adopts payroll best practices within the HRIS to support a variety of HR programs and workflows including, but not limited to, on and offboarding, compensation, annual performance reviews, benefits administration, open enrollment, payroll and reporting efforts.
*Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time
What You’ll Do:
- Own, maintain, and enhance the day-to-day activities as well as the entire employee lifecycle in our HR information systems
- Ensure that US bi-monthly payroll and monthly International (UK, Australia, Germany) payrolls are processed in a timely manner
- Process off-cycle payrolls and manual checks as required
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Record and process employee information including, but not limited to, leave of absences, salary changes, reporting changes, etc.
- Ensure new hires complete all required paperwork in HRIS and that the data flows into payroll properly
- Manage the registration process of new state tax registrations and perform required ongoing maintenance for tax filings in the HRIS
- Ensure the integrity of employee tax profiles
- Manage leave of absence and unpaid leave payroll processes for employees
- Work collaboratively with the Benefits team and HR Business Partners on all things related to employee payroll
- Work closely with HRIS Manager to ensure that we are making best use of HRIS functionality
- Perform other duties or special projects as needed
What You’ll Bring:
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field preferred
- CPP preferred
- 5+ experience in Payroll Specialist, or similar, role
- 2+ years of Payroll experience utilizing UKG Pro and Workforce Management Dimensions
- Experience maintaining strict confidentiality and accuracy of data and information
- Experience processing payroll in a company experiencing rapid growth
- Experience processing US and international payrolls
- Experience processing payroll for 700+ employees globally
- Strong Excel skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite
- Energetic, positive and enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills and collaborative orientation
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills with the ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and respond to rapidly changing demands and fulfill efficient follow ups
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and consultative skills
- Impeccable work ethic and integrity with high ethical standards
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
The base pay range for this position is $60,000- $90,000. Compensation is not limited to base salary. FloQast values our Total Rewards, and offers a competitive and elaborate Benefits Package including, but not limited to, Medical, Dental, Vision, Family Forming benefits, Life & Disability Insurance, Unlimited Vacation, and participation in our Employee Stock Program. FloQast reserves the right to amend, change, alter, and revise pay ranges and benefits offerings at any time. All applicants acknowledge that by applying to this position you understand that this specific pay range is contingent upon meeting the qualifications and requirements of the role, and for the successful completion of the interview selection and process. It is at the Company's discretion to determine what pay is provided to a candidate within the range associated with the role.
About FloQast www.floqast.com
FloQast is the leader in accounting workflow automation created by accountants for accountants. By automating and modernizing everyday accounting workflows, FloQast enables accountants to work better together and perform their tasks with greater efficiency and accuracy. The cloud-based, AI-enhanced software is trusted by more than 2,500 accounting teams, including those at Snowflake, Kodiak, Instacart, Zoom, and The Golden State Warriors - and still growing! We aspire to forever elevate accounting and improve both the practice and perceptions of the profession.
Our values serve as a compass that guides our decisions and are considered non-negotiable, especially when it comes to hiring. Together with our employees, partners, and customers, we live these values every day.
Ambitious with Integrity
Empowered to Grow
Committed to Collaboration
Customer Obsessed in All Ways
Here’s Why You Should Apply:
Amazing Benefits - FloQast pays 100% of the premium for employees and families for most Medical, Dental, & Vision plans.
Competitive Compensation & Stock Options
FloQast is regularly rated as a Best Place to Work!
- Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces in 2023, 2022, and 2021
- Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal since 2017 (that’s 6 years!)
- Built In’s Best Place to Work in Los Angeles 4 years in a row!
Professional Growth & Community - We believe community extends through and beyond the office. We have Employee Resource Groups, community volunteer opportunities, social events, DEI initiatives, and reimbursements for professional development relevant to your role.
Work-Life Balance - We have unlimited PTO along with a generous parental leave policy. To top it off, we have Mental Health Days, where the company closes to allow employees to unplug, relax, and recharge (we know Zoom fatigue is a real thing!)
Employee Choice Policy - Employees can work from home and also have the option to work in a FloQast office or maintain a hybrid work schedule.
Our customers love us! See for yourself on G2 Crowd.
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.