SVP of Strategic Alliances
Garner's mission is to transform the healthcare economy, delivering high quality and affordable care for all. By helping employers restructure their healthcare benefit to provide clear incentives and data-driven insights, we direct employees to higher quality and lower cost healthcare providers. The result is that patients get better health outcomes while doctors are rewarded for practicing well, not performing more procedures. We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms, are growing rapidly and looking to expand our team.
We’re looking for a VP of Strategic Alliances to own Garner’s relationship with the largest broker and consulting firms nationally. This role’s focus is relationship management, understanding client needs, and day-to-day execution. As the point of contact for key consulting partners, the VP will have the direct impact in the scaling of Garner’s core business. You will work closely with our Sales, Product, and Business Development teams to drive Garner’s presence in the marketplace.
What you’ll do:
- Define and execute a business development plan to prioritize, target, and establish lead generating partnerships with national distributors
- Build productive and professional relationships with key leaders within target firms and maintain high awareness/understanding at Garner’s core product
- Coordinate across Sales, Product, Marketing, Client Services and Operations to manage partner needs and expectations, and inform go to market strategy
- Together with Sales Operations, design a data-driven approach, goals and metrics to drive and monitor the overall success of national partnerships, including contracting targets, timing and closure rates, and measuring the overall health of relationships
- 10+ years of sales or relationship management experience with major national employer health benefits consultants and brokers (e.g. Aon, Willis, Mercer)
- An ability to manage complex projects and achieve results against tight deadlines
- A history of existing relationships in the employee benefit consultant space with intimate knowledge of inner works of the major firms
- A desire to work in a rapidly evolving startup environment
- A desire to be a part of our mission to improve the healthcare system
The base salary range for this position is: $190,000 - $225,000 annually. This position is also commission eligible. Compensation for this role will depend on a variety of factors including qualifications, skills and applicable laws. In addition to base compensation this role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and competitive benefits plans.