Director of Business Development
Garner's mission is to transform the healthcare economy, delivering high quality and affordable care for all. By helping employers restructure their healthcare benefit to provide clear incentives and data-driven insights, we direct employees to higher quality and lower cost healthcare providers. The result is that patients get better health outcomes while doctors are rewarded for practicing well, not performing more procedures. We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms, are growing rapidly and looking to expand our team.
We are seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented Director of Business Development who has experience building the business development framework and mechanisms in a start-up environment from the ground floor. You will lead efforts in hiring and mentoring junior reps by leveraging effective sales strategies to drive lead generation in efforts of expanding our client base and driving sales growth.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive business development strategy/playbook aligned with the company's goals and objectives.
- Analyze existing client relationships, identifying areas for potential expansion.
- Initiate contact with potential clients to establish and nurture business relationships, and arrange face-to-face meetings when necessary.
- Develop contacts in new sales territories and drive sales growth through innovative methods.
- Stay updated on industry trends and market developments to identify and capitalize on new business opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, particularly Sales and Design, to ensure all requirements, including sales targets and profit goals are met.
- Provide comprehensive training and mentorship to junior business development team members to improve their sales capabilities and meet performance expectations.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of our company's products or services, as well as our competitive position, to maintain a competitive edge.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field.
- Approximately five years of proven sales and leadership experience in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Utilize data and analytics to make informed decisions through A/B testing and continuously improve the business development process. Track and report on key performance metrics to assess the effectiveness of strategies.
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to create compelling pitches and campaigns that highlight the unique benefits and value proposition of Garner’s solutions.
- Proficiency in CRM software, such as Salesforce, to effectively manage pipeline generation, client relationships and sales activities.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, to articulate technical and non-technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Proficiency in technical skills required for creating proposals and finding solutions to meet client requirements, including the use of software programs and machines.
- Excellent organizational skills to meet goals and effectively prioritize tasks.
- Proactive and highly organized, capable of thriving in stressful and uncertain environments.
The base salary range for this position is: $120,000 - $150,000 annually. This position is also commission eligible. Compensation for this role will depend on a variety of factors including qualifications, skills and applicable laws. In addition to base compensation this role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and competitive benefits plans.