Senior Healthcare Data Scientist
Garner's mission is to transform the healthcare economy, delivering high quality and affordable care for all. By helping employers restructure their healthcare benefit to provide clear incentives and data-driven insights, we direct employees to higher quality and lower cost healthcare providers. The result is that patients get better health outcomes while doctors are rewarded for practicing well, not performing more procedures. We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms, are growing rapidly and looking to expand our team.
We’re looking for a Senior Healthcare Data Scientist to drive our understanding of doctor performance and apply that understanding by building the algorithms that power Garner’s rankings and recommendations. This role reports to the Vice President of Data Science Research.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building data-driven algorithms that power our care navigation, doctor ranking, and healthcare-related financial products by applying medical and healthcare economics understanding
- Developing deep medical and healthcare economics understanding, through both data analysis and qualitative research.
- Contributing to our thinking on how to assess doctors and/or how to change behavior to achieve higher quality and lower cost healthcare.
Ideal candidate has:
- 2-5 years professional experience in healthcare and/or data science fields
- Formal training in both data science and a branch of healthcare (applied medicine, biostatistics, health informatics, health economics, health insurance, etc.)
- Experience with Python and SQL
- A willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and do whatever is necessary to ensure company success
- Experience working in a rapidly evolving startup environment
- A desire to be a part of our mission to improve the U.S. healthcare system
What we look for at Garner:
- Mission First: Our mission is to transform our healthcare system, delivering high quality and affordable care to all. Everything else is secondary.
- Expect Extraordinary: Our mission is audacious, so we will only succeed by producing exceptional results. We continually push ourselves and each other to new heights and beyond our comfort zones.
- Courageous Communication: Transparency and candor are imperative to realizing our potential as an organization and as individuals—even when uncomfortable. Many companies talk about these values. We live them.
- Supportive community: We know that people do their best work and learn the most when they feel genuinely supported and cared for. It’s also more fun that way.
The target salary range for this position is: $160,000 - $190,000. Individual compensation for this role will depend on a variety of factors including qualifications, skills and applicable laws. In addition to base compensation this role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and competitive benefits plans.