Fullstack Software Engineer
Who we are
Boon is a SaaS technology company that focuses on helping the backbone of our economy–supply chain and logistics providers–thrive financially. Founded in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2023 by ex-Samsara and ex-DoorDash Product and Engineering leaders, we are funded by top Silicon Valley VCs.
At Boon, you’ll help define the future of financial operations for fleets and be on a team that’s constantly innovating and disrupting a critically important industry. As part of an early stage start up, you’ll have the autonomy to make an impact as we build and iterate rapidly.
We partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like helping them with critical revenue and operational workflows so they are able to help and serve everyday end customers by delivering food, supplies, equipment and people speedily and efficiently.
About this role:
As a Fullstack Software Engineer at Boon, you’ll be part of a small, close-knit team of engineers working to invent next-generation tools for fleets. You will own building features end-to-end in close collaboration with Product, Design, and our customers, while also setting the technical direction for our frontend web application.
You are a great fit if:
- You want to make a big difference in the industries that keep our world going: Your work will have a real impact on the businesses that keep our economy running. Our customers transport consumer goods across the country, help sick people get to the hospital, provide essential plumbing services, and anything else that involves fleets.
- You are naturally curious: Success in this industry comes from understanding the complex pain points of customers in various verticals, whether that’s dispatch optimization for an over-the-road trucking fleet or accounts receivable automation for a family-owned tow truck company.
- You embrace ambiguity: As part of a small team, you’ll have to be comfortable uncovering requirements and making quick decisions – the “right” answer won’t always be obvious!
- You want to be on a winning team: At Boon, we win together, celebrate together, and help each other out. You'll be part of a great team that pushes you to do your best.
In this role, you will:
- Implement features end-to-end, from building out the UI to writing backend code or APIs, working alongside cross functional partners
- Build out monitoring and alerting infrastructure to instrument critical product flows
- Own observability and maintenance for the features you and your teammates build
- Directly set and evolve technical direction for our frontend web application
- Shape the engineering team’s culture, norms, and processes
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 3+ years experience building full stack web applications using Ruby on Rails, Python+Django, PHP+Laravel, Node+Express/Next, or similar
- Understanding of core object oriented programming concepts and relational databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Awareness of common design patterns for building highly available distributed systems
- Familiarity with unit testing in your framework of choice
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills
- Empathy for your customers and colleagues
An ideal candidate also has:
- Strong design intuition
- Experience mentoring and supporting other engineers
- Firsthand experience building and maintaining large scale complex distributed systems
- In depth knowledge of Ruby on Rails, Stimulus, and TailwindCSS
- Interest in AI and machine learning; hands on experience is a huge plus!
At Boon, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Boon is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working arrangements and health benefits. Additionally, Boon has an aggressive stock compensation plan above market to retain the best in market talent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
At Boon, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work regardless of where they’re based. Our engineering-team is remote-first with opportunities to meet up in person throughout the year. That said, we are currently only considering US-based candidates working in the Pacific, Mountain, Central, or Eastern time zones.